03

"What's that room?"

"It's another toilet."

"Another one?"

"At least there's enough toilets for us all. One each."

"Fleur, that's just weird," Meg pouted and crossed her arms. "Although good thinking." She grinned, "Although, I don't think there's even running water here..." Meg trailed off, finger to her chin and eyes looking upwards thoughtfully.

"Most likely not, to be honest." Fleurette sighed, the two of them were venturing around the condemned building exploring its many rooms as they went. There was still furniture in some of the rooms. Rickety looking beds which looked like they were about to break as soon as someone sat on them. Chest of drawers a forgotten wardrobe and a bookcase. Many items like this littered some of the rooms. "Will you come and try out at the theatre?" Fleurette asked, Meg shifted from raiding a cupboard to looking at her. Meg smiled and then shook her head, "But why?"

"I'm taking a slight break from dancing for the moment."

"Alright." Fleurette nodded, although she felt like her words weren't really a suitable answer. She wasn't going to push the matter though.

"Here you go," Meg skipped over to her and handed her a book, Fleurette looked at it and frowned. Turning the cover her eyes skimmed over the writing, she couldn't understand it.

"I honestly need to learn how to read English." Fleurette muttered, that was one thing she was honestly kicking herself over. Back in France she read so many books about different places, yet never read how to read a foreign language. Her English was broken, at best nearly non-existent, but reading it? Yes, she hadn't a clue, the paper Jerry gave her might as well have been in an alien language, along with this book Meg handed her.

"You read enough I'm sure you'll grasp onto it quickly."

"You know English?"

"Some."

"But you talked to that man earlier on in the market." Fleurette stated, Meg rolled her eyes and exited the room. Peeking around the doorframe Fleurette sighed, there was something up. Whatever that up was, Fleurette didn't know. Stepping out of the room, Fleurette turned the book over in her hands again, walking down the corridor she looked around hesitantly. The building creaked and made odd noises where it was settling and when the wind hit against the windows. If Fleurette didn't know any better she would think she was alone in here. Meg disappeared somewhere, Giry she'd not seen and Erik no doubt was hiding somewhere.

"Did it go well?" Well, as if on cue there, a voice questioned from a nearby room. Fleurette tentatively peeked around the doorframe, Erik was sitting at a long forgotten desk with his head leaned against his hand. If she didn't know any better, she'd say he looked bored. Which was a ridiculous notion, Erik, bored? She didn't believe she'd ever seen such a thing before. The thought was also a little amusing, a small smile did tug at her lips which had him looking at her questionably.

"Yes," she smiled more and walked slowly into the room, putting the book on the desk, she watched as Erik took to opening it and flicking through it. Knowing him, he probably understood the language, clearly she was the only one in their little travelling party that wasn't keyed up on reading or speaking English.

"What happened?" Erik asked curiously and looked up at her. She waved her hands at him and watched as he moved, sitting down slowly on his lap she turned and looked at him.

"I have to return to the theatre tomorrow morning." Fleurette nodded slowly, "Apparently Mr Carter shall find a place for just a dancer."

"Just a dancer? What else does he expect from you?" The implication had Erik looking dangerously serious up at her. Something unsettling was appearing within him, and though he encouraged her to go do what she loved, if something else was up, then no.