04

As morning came, the sunlight flitted through the dusty grubby windows. The room was bathed in a warm orangey yellow glow. That warm glow spread across the wooden flooring and soon covered the whole room with light. The shadows of the night were getting batted away and receded into the cracks of the flooring and into other nooks and crannies where they could stay until the night came again. The sun was becoming too much and Fleurette shielded her eyes from it. She welcomed it yet really didn't like being woken up by it.

Opening her eyes slowly, she looked around, frowning lightly it soon dawned on her that she wasn't sitting in her chair. In fact it appeared that she was sitting in Erik's lap leaning against him, she couldn't remember falling asleep like this. A coy smile appeared on her face when the thought of Erik freely moving her to hold onto her came to mind. Lifting her head away from his chest, she looked up at him, managing to shield his eyes from the sun with her other hand she watched as his eyes slowly opened.

Whether he woke up from the bright sun or from her moving, Fleurette didn't know. "Good morning!" She said quietly yet happily, Erik narrowed his eyes and looked around before looking at her. It was clear to her that he was trying to wake up, eventually after blinking several times he shifted and sat up more. Fleurette stood up slowly and rummaged for her shoes, after finding and putting them on she took to packing up her dancing gear. "I have to go, have a good morning, Erik!" Fleurette beamed and quickly exited the room.

Erik sat in the chair looking rather confused towards the door. He had only just properly woken up as Fleurette shoved her ballet shoes into a small bag. Running a hand through his hair and quickly looking around, he patted the arms of the chair before standing up slowly. Looking at the bundle of belongings on the floor, he rolled his eyes. It appeared that Fleurette had an unknowing skill of making mess.

Crouching down, Erik took to picking the items off of the rather dusty floor and putting them back into her case. One of the items Erik picked up was her writing book. Against all his better judgement he flicked open the cover and looked over the first letter Fleurette had wrote. Of course it was the one she'd started to write to Eleanor the other evening. It also seemed that she hadn't finished it, the last sentence involved her getting the new job and having to perform the day after. They had barely been in their new surroundings for a week, Erik dearly wished Eleanor wasn't pinning down hope of hearing from her sister so soon. He also hoped that Eleanor hadn't had the thought of him keeping Fleurette from getting in contact.

The rest of the day seemed to go by in a relative blur. Fleurette was trying to figure out if she was grateful of this or not. The morning was spent rehearsing again, she'd been late and suffered a slight lecture from Jerry. Fleurette just stood there sheepishly smiling and apologising every five seconds. In the end the director rolled his eyes and waved a lazy hand at her, he shot her a look though and seriously told her never to be late again. So, Jerry had a slight personality thing going on, Fleurette figured he'd lost his laid back disposition just because of the show tonight. Perhaps every time a show is going to get performed he turned into this strict and slightly stressed man.

A stressed man who would wave a crumpled schedule at them if they did something wrong. After quickly taking part in the rehearsal again, Fleurette and everyone else broke for lunch, Elsie had taken her to this small building which apparently sold the best pastries ever. Once in there, they had both spent the half an hour allotted lunch time chatting idly.

"So!" Elsie chimed while holding onto her cup loosely. Fleurette looked from the window to her. "Have you finally settled in?"

"Yes."

"Excellent! You know when I first came here it took me weeks." Elsie nodded. "Seems you're better at uprooting and settling down more than I am."

Fleurette debated over her words and pulled a face, shaking her head slowly she shifted to sit up straight in the chair. "Not really, just...I didn't really seem to think what I was leaving behind."