Everlasting Love Pt. 2 (Steve x reader)

This will take place during the scene where Scott is recruited. And Bucky finds out what's wrong with Y/N.
Also shoutout to my pals Nananana989 and @TheHunnyBun for giving me such wonderful ideas for this second part of the one shot, thank you guys so much!!!

Third Person POV
As Scott kept looking at the captain in amazement, Y/N stared at the amusing scene in front of her, smiling greatly and having the urge to laugh but forcefully holding it back the best she could. Meanwhile Bucky and Sam were in a deep conversation making sure no one is able to hear.
"So what you're saying is that girl, Y/N, has had a crush on my best pal for years, but has never told him, which is why she looks somewhat gloomy after the kiss he had with that agent?"
"Yep, I know her and cap, and if there's one thing that's true, it's their friendship, they stick together like glue and Y/N knows that, which is why she doesn't tell him the truth, if she does, then their friendship could probably be at stake,"
"But now that Steve might be with Sharon, she'll have to stay as the loyal friend"
"Exactly"
"I'll need to talk to her"
And with that Bucky turns around and walks toward Y/N.Once Bucky is behind her, he taps her shoulder and leans by her ear and whispers,"I need to talk with you in private"
"Ok then?"
And with that he brings her a little far away from the others and starts to quietly speak,"Why don't you tell him?"
"Tell who?"
"Don't play dumb with me, you like Steve and you won't even tell him the truth"
"Because I-"
"Because you're afraid of ruining a perfectly good friendship I know, Sam told me everything"
*growls* "Damn you Sam"
"Look, I get why you can be so afraid about it but trust me, I've been best friends with Steve for our whole lives, we're practically brothers!! And by my knowledge, I'm pretty sure that even if you did tell him your feelings, it still wouldn't ruin your friendship with him"
"I guess you're right..."
"It's okay if you're not ready to tell him now, but you might wanna be ready to tell him very soon because you never know what will happen after all this chaos..."
"I'll think about it, thanks buck"
"No problem"
Bucky then pulled Y/N into a hug, in which she returned, but what they didn't know was that a certain super soldier was watching the whole conversation...
Steve's POV
'What did Bucky tell her? What did she say? Why are they hugging? And why am I feeling like I wanna just rush to them and pull them apart?'

Do I, maybe, have feelings for Y/N?...

Third Person POV
As Bucky and Y/N return to the team,Clint then speaks,"I got a chopper lining up"
Bucky then says,"They're evacuating the airport"
Steve instantly knows why, "stark"
Scott, in confusion, says,"stark?"
Steve ignores the question and with determination says,"Suit up"

**time skip to the end of the fighting on the airport**
As both Captain America and Winter Soldier escape with the jet, Flare ( that's you) and the rest of the team is sent to prison, hoping that Steve and Bucky find the real bad guy and come back safely.

**time skip to Steve bringing Bucky to Wakanda after the fight with Tony and freeing the team,along with Zemo being sent in a sealed cell box**
"You sure about this?"
"I can't trust my own mind. So, until they figure out how to get this stuff out of my head I think me going back under is the best thing...for everybody"
"Well we'll surely miss you, and I hope you come back mind-controlled free"
"Thanks Y/N, promise me you'll keep this punk in check..."
"I promise"
"Good, and don't forget about what I told you earlier, trust me, if you tell him now, you'll feel better"
"Yeah...I know"
"Promise?"
"Promise"
"Good, well then, I think I'm ready, and when I come back, you better have kept your promises"
"Hehe okay"
Bucky then smiles, closes his eyes, then lays back, as the doors were about to start to seal close, he then opens his eyes and shouts, "wait!" The doors then stop and open back up. In confusion, Steve asks,"what's wrong?"
"Steve can we talk...in private?"
"Sure"
Steve then looks back at T'challa and
Y/N, they then nod, as he nods in return, everyone then leaves the two in the room alone.
"So what do you wanna talk about Buck?"
"Do you like Sharon?"
"Well...I thought I did but now, I don't know"
"Do you know that Sharon might never come back?"
"I-...yeah I've thought about that..."
"Well then if you know that then you should also know there's someone greater, better, and much more caring than that agent and that girl has been waiting for you for a few years now"
"Who are you talking about Buck?"
" I'm not gonna, how you say, 'sugar coat it' so I'll just say it,"
"Steve, you don't need a nice girl like Sharon. You need a tough woman, like  Y/N. Plus, 13 is an unlucky number. I don't trust her."
Steve looks at Bucky with a shocked expression, but then processed what he said and blushed a deep rose color while smiling a little lovingly.
"I guess I'm not the only one who realized that huh?"
"Nope, so I want you to promise me this...go, go get the actual gal of your dreams, because she's been waiting for you long enough to sweep her off her feet, promise?"
Steve smiles a big smile and says,"promise"
"Good, now then let's get this started"
And with that Steve calls the people back in and they start the machine up, as they do that, Y/N stands by Steve, both giving him a farewell smile, as Bucky does the same, he then lays back, as the doors finally seal shut , sending him into cyrofreeze.
"Thank you for this"
"Your friend and my father, they are both victims. If I can help one of them to find peace..."
"You know if they find out he's here, they'll come for him"
"Then, let them try"
Y/N then walks in and stands next to T'challa, "boys"
"I sense you two have a lot to talk about, then I shall give you some time"
T'challa then walks away, leaving the two alone, after a minute of silence Y/N is the first to speak,"So..."
"So..."
"Are you going to ask Sharon out? Seeing as you're into her, or at least it seemed so from that kiss..."
"I made a big mistake..."
Y/N then looks at Steve with a look of Interest and Confusion,"This is rare, then what's this big mistake you made?"
"I thought I was in love with Sharon-"
"So you're not?" At this Y/N is looking at him with hopeful and fearful eyes, inching closer to him as he does the same,"No, I'm not. I thought I did but I quickly realized that not only will I never see her again but she's just Peggy's niece and out of grief, I guess I thought of her as Peggy to fill up the hole in my heart. But I can't do that and I have to face the fact that she's gone and I'll just have to move on, she would've wanted it that way and now, so do I, because I found the one I love and she's been under my nose this whole time, so what I'm trying to say is.." Only a few centimeters away from each other, Steve then looks at Y/N lovingly with a heart warming smile and says," I love you Y/N, and I'm so sorry I haven't figured that out sooner..."
Raising a hand to touch his check, she returns the loving smile and says,"Oh Steve, that's all I've ever wanted to hear from you and of course, I love you too~"
With a huge grin, Steve leans closer to Y/N, and she repeats the action, until their faces are a millimeter or two apart, and after a few, what felt like hours, but really seconds, they close the gap, with Steve wrapping his arms around her waist and her wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing passionately until they had to break apart for air. They then keep staring at each other in amazement and love thinking-
"Finally!!! I thought you guys would never hook up!!!"
"SAM!!!"
"Yes Y/N?"
"Run..."
"..."
"-yeah okay"
And with that Sam sped off with Y/N at his tail, while Steve stood there laughing and smiling, knowing that there was still something good that came out of all the chaos today.

Well that's it for this one shot!!! Hope you really liked it! And as usual you can  send me any one shot request if you have any!!! But until then I'll be writing some other one shot ideas I have!
Love u guys so much! Byeeee!!!
~Lizzy💛