I put the gear in park, shutting off the engine and climbing out of the car before locking the doors and pulling up my jeans a bit while I walked closer toward house, seeing someone standing on the porch. From a distance, I could tell whoever it was had to be a female because of their shape, hoping it wasn't one of the women claiming to be my 'baby mama' again. I mumbled underneath breathe as I thought about how many had tried the same lines, taking me to court because their baby came out with hazel eyes. 90% of the time, they weren't even mine so if it was another false accusation, I was putting a restraining order on their ass.

Once I got close enough and she heard my footsteps, she turned around and I froze, standing a few feet away from her as she looked up at me with a tight smile, "Hey, DeVante."

It was Kim.

What the hell is she doing here?

With my face scrunched up, I stared down at her, wondering how she had even gotten my address, "What the fuck you want?"

"To talk to you", she said, stepping toward me and I stepped back.

I just shook my head. "Nah, I don't wanna' talk to you so bounce."

"Please. It's important", she begged, frowning as she clasped her hands together, looking up at me with tears welded in her eyes.

I let out a dry laugh, ignoring her fake ass emotional gesture, "Yeah, aight. What could you possibly have to say to me after all this time? Hm? Because if it's an apology, I don't wanna' fuckin' hear it. You left me when I needed you the most. And all you gon' do is leave again so just get the fuck off my doorstep." I brushed past her, walking to the front door and pushing my key into the lock.

"I know who raped Rhonda!", she blurted.

I paused, leaving the key in the lock as I turned around to face her, jaw clenched and one fist balled up while the other grasps onto her neck, "You think this shit is funny?!" I began to squeeze and she gripped onto my wrist with both hands, struggling to breath and break free from the hold I had on her. "Huh?! You think it's fuckin' funny?!" I watched as she attempted to shake her head but my grip was too tight for her to move, looking at me with pleading eyes as tears rolled down her cheeks, her face turning red while veins appeared throughout the sides of her head, where her temples were located. I glanced down to see that feet were no longer on the ground and I huffed, realizing how much my anger was getting the best of me before releasing her. She immediately placed her hands against her throat, coughing and gasping for air and I just watched, taking in what I had just done. Shit.

I thought about checking to see if she was okay, quickly deciding against it. After all, she didn't check to see if I was okay after I had gotten robbed. Fuck should I care for? I turned back around, unlocking the door and walking into the house before she managed to choke out his name.

"Suge."

With my eyebrows tightly knitted together, I glanced over my shoulder to look at her, "What?"

"It was Suge. Nasir set it up so he'd get off the hook", she explained, though she struggled to talk properly.

I laughed, shaking my head, "Yeah right. You really expect for me to believe that bullshit? It was N—." Then it hit me. "Wait, how the fuck do you even know Nasir? What? Y'all exchanged numbers at the party a year ago? See, I knew you had that condom collection for a reason. I don't even know why I fucked wit' your stank–."

"He's my cousin, DeVantè!", she yelled out, interrupting me and I just stood there dumbfounded. She sighed heavily. "He's...he's my cousin. I was...workin' with Suge because he wanted to get you to move to LA so you would sign to Death Row, talkin' about how he could make a bunch of money off of you and I agreed to help because he said he'd give me a percentage." I scoffed and she frowned, taking a step forward, "Look, when I founded out that you and Rhonda might get back together, I got scared and...and—."

"And what?", I inquired, growing impatient as I took in all that she was telling me. Was this shit even true?

Her bottom lip began to quiver before she started to cry, causing me to barely be able to understand what she was saying as she spoke frantically, "And I set up the robbery so that I could have money to get away from Suge. It was me, D! I did that to you!" I was speechless as her body shook while she cried harder, "I know it was wrong as I'm so, so sorry! I was scared and I didn't know what else to do! Suge was tryna' track me down and got to Nasir to get to me but then N-Nasir exchanged information about Rhonda instead and—" She paused, sighing as she shook her head. "I'm sorry..."

I didn't say anything, just closing the door and locking it behind me as I jogged up the stairs to bedroom, going into my closet and pulling a Nike shoebox off of the top shelf, carrying it to the bed to set it down and open it. I took out the tissue paper and retrieved the gun I had hidden underneath, not wasting any time as I loaded it with bullets and tucked it into my jeans, pulling my shirt over the barrel to conceal the weapon.

I paced the room, enraged as I thought about all of the facts that were laid out in front of me. That's why he was so quick to blame Nasir. This mothafucka' was tryna' cover his tracks and talked into killing him before Nasir could speak up. I was angry at myself for even allowing Suge to persuade me to do some shit like that. Now he has dirt on me and though he wasn't a snitch doesn't mean his homies weren't. The only way I was going to keep myself out of prison and get justice for Rhonda was to take him out. Shit, I had already killed one person. What's another?

I took a deep breath, picking up my phone and dialed Dalvin's number, waiting as it rung twice before he picked up, "Hello?"

"D! I ain't got time to explain but just know some shit is about to go down and whatever happens, just know I love you, aight?"

He shuffled around with the phone, yelling, "Whoa, whoa! D, what you talkin' about?!"

"I'll explain later, just... look after Rhonda for me."

He didn't bother responding to anything I had said, still in a panic, "Yo! D, whatever it is, it ain't worth it man! I'm– Ay, I'm about to come over there, just stay put."

"By the time you get here, I'ma already be gone but remember what I said, aight?", I said, lowering the phone from my ear.

"D–."

Click.

I hung up on him, tossing my phone onto the bed and grabbing my keys as I exited the room and jogged down the stairs and out the front door, going to my car.

Suge was not going to get away with what he had done to Rhonda. Especially not after he smiled in my face this entire time as if he wasn't the one who ruined her life. I did not have a plan but who ever does in the heat of the moment?

I wasn't sure how tonight was going to turn out and didn't care but I knew where Suge was going to be.

Guess I'll be going  to the party after all.