Chapter 5

My entire body went numb. Terra? My fun loving best friend Terra? My partner in the dance on Friday Terra? I closed my eyes and exhaled. Don't cry Crystal is here. I pulled my trembling niece into my chest. "It's okay baby she's in a better place." I said over and over again until Crystal calmed down and fell asleep. I laid Crystal to rest upstairs and sat down on the couch.

Spencer sat down next to me handing me a mug of tea. I looked at him refusing to take the calming substance. Suddenly I started to tremble and then it came. The unending stream of tears. I sobbed into Spencer's chest his grip tightening around me as I started to shake more violently. "She-she's dead because of me....she-she was s-supposed to d-ance Friday. She was my competition." I said between sobs.

"We found this on your door Thalia." Elle said handing me a sheet of paper. I did you a favor and you thank me by going to the police? How could you Li! I froze and wiped my tears away. "Wait. Li? Only a few people call me that. All of them are dancers I'm working with." I said shock taking over me.

"Are you particularly close with any one of them?" Hodge asked. I shook my head. "No we're like one big family we trust each other fully...we have to with all the leaps and catches and such that need to be done." I said sniffling. "I think we should go talk to those dancers." Gideon said.

"Elle, JJ go through the data base and see if anyone's handwriting matches this." Hodge said. "I'll go check with Gracia and see if she's found anything. I think Reid should stay with Thalia. She's more level headed when she has him around." Hodge nodded. "Good luck."

I sat on the couch while Spencer put Star Wars II: The Clone Wars on; my favorite movie. "I was wondering how you two became so close. Star Wars. Go figure." Morgan said chuckling. Spencer gave a lopsided grin and sat down next to me. By half way through the movie Spencer's head rested on my lap as I sat Indian style on the couch watching the movie intensely.

Suddenly the TV screen went blank. "Hey!" We both said in disappointment. "Oh c'mon guys! You've seen this movie how many times?" Morgan asked holding the remote. "458 times and I wanted to make it 459." I said defeated. "Wow. I am now starting to realize why your friends." Morgan said slightly surprised by my response.

We both joined the group sitting on the couches. "Okay we think that your stalker is killing in attempt to drive you out into the open and we're going to let you go on with your daily life but we're going to make it seem as if you and Spencer are dating to try and make the stalker focus more on you and less on the innocent people around you starting with a date tonight." Hotch said, rushing through sentences. I raised an eyebrow.

"Um okay? But Hotch won't that put more attention on Spencer too?" He nodded gravely. "Yes but he can handle himself and will do about anything to protect you from what we've seen." I chuckled shaking my head at the young profiler who lowered his head embarrassed.

"And Hotch you realize it's like 10a.m. right? I take max twenty minutes to get ready." Hodge looked surprised. "Well that's comforting that not all women take two hours and yes I know. But I wanted to let you know that you need to pretend like a real couple." I rolled my eyes. "Apposed to a fake couple?" I planted a kiss on Spencer's cheek and fixed his tie calmly. "It's not very hard since we already kinda act that way." I stated when the realization hit me. 

"Um so where exactly am I suppose to where on this date? Where are we going?" I asked blushing lightly. "We will explain all of that later tonight. Elle and JJ will assist you with getting ready for the night. " They exchanged odd looks then led me up the stairs to help me figure out what to do for the night. We entered the room and closed the door. "Dress issues?" I nodded blushing brightly. The girls laughed. "Okay well we set up the date let's see what's appropriate." Elle said looking through my closet.

"You have three dresses, two skirts and one blouse that aren't dance related!" JJ said stunned. "I'm more of a jeans and a t-shirt kind of girl." I said sitting on the bed. By 4pm we had chosen an emerald green dress with a v-neckline with a small knot off material on my hip holding the dress up while the dress hugged me just below my shoulders. The soft green fabric was beautifully framed by my naturally curled brown hair and grey eyes. The look was finished off with a pair of green peep toe heels. I thanked the girls and gave them each a big hug.

I showered and dried my hair off. I slipped into the dress and heels then put on liquid eyeliner, mascara and a light red lipstick. I then put on Spencer's mockingbird necklace and my mother's silver charm bracelet. I got a knock at the door. "Are you ready Thalia?" Hotch asked. I opened the door. "Yep." I said popping the 'p'.

I walked down the stairs and was met by a very handsome Spencer Reid. He wore black dress pants, a white dress shirt, a green tie and a black dress jacket. He also trimmed his hair then gelled it so it stood up slightly. He didn't see me since he was doing his tie but when he did see me his jaw dropped. He blinked a couple times and looked down trying to compose himself.

"Shall we?" He asked gesturing towards the door. We stepped outside the house and locked the door. Then we both stepped into my black Mercedes and sped off.

"You alright Spence?" I asked intertwining our fingers. "Yeah just seeing you like this....so much more beautiful than usual is....shocking." I smiled as we pulled up to a red light and I kissed his cheek.

"So where are we headed?" I asked curiously. "Well it's an art gallery." I perked up. "Really?!" Spence knew how much I loved art because of my mom. She had been a painter. "Yes." He said smiling softly. We arrived at the gallery. "Show time."