Chapter Three - Black Rose

You never tell me how you feel and your moods they always change. I really tried to make it real but you never had the faith. I tried to give you something good to take the pain away. I tried to make you understand you don't have to be this way.

----------------------------

"Good morning, princess!" Emma heard Hook whisper into her ear as soon as she opened her eyes.

She sat up and rubbed her eyes as they adjusted to the light. She looked around and took in the state of her bedroom, jaw agape.

Rose petals were carefully arranged all over the bed and around the floor on the carpet. She smiled and looked at Hook. "Oh, wow. Killian, you did this?"

"Of course! Anything for you. I also attempted to make pancakes for us." He whipped the plate out from behind his back. "They probably aren't too great, but I'm sure they'll taste okay once we load them up with syrup." He laughed.

"I'm sure they're delicious! What's the occasion?"

"No special occasion. I just want to show you how special you are to me and how much I love you." He said and kissed her softly. All Emma could do was smile at him and kiss him again.

"I know I've been acting out a lot the past few weeks and I wanted to apologize, love." He started, his voice genuine and full of kindness. "I have been stressed over the fact that I've been in this world for a while now and still don't feel like I fit in. You've lived here your entire life and you have a job and you're always busy and I sometimes forget that you aren't here to take care of me and spend every minute with me."

"Oh, Killian. I appreciate the apology but it's not necessary. I understand. But if you need help adapting, you know I'm willing. I can help you find a job, don't worry. Hey, why don't you go down to the marina and see if they need an extra hand there?" She laughed at her comment and he shot her a look and laughed.

"Not sure if I appreciate the joke about my hand, love... but that's a great idea. I'll swing by there today and check it out." He smiled at her and reached to lace his fingers through hers. "I know I'm not perfect but I want you to know I've never been happier than I am with you and I want to spend the rest of my life with you."

Emma gulped, worried about what he might be getting to. "I'm so happy, too. I love you so much and am so glad I found you." She offered a small smile and placed her other hand on top of the spot on the bed where their fingers were intertwined.

"I want to give you the world, Swan. I mean it. How do you feel about getting married soon or perhaps having kids of our own?

Emma's heart raced in her chest but she wasn't sure if it was out of excitement or nervousness. She let out a deep breath and continued to smile at him. She opened her mouth to speak then quickly closed it when no words came out. She chalked it up to the fact that she'd be unable to successfully open up and find happiness in the past.

But then thoughts of the idea of happiness and a family with Hook and knowing how happy her parents would be finally helped her find the words to say. "I would love that, too. It's exactly what I want."

"Perfect. Let's start trying for kids of our own tonight!" He practically jumped up off the bed in excitement.

"Woah, woah. Take it easy, babe." She laughed and his face dropped.

"I was being serious." He said flatly, the joy in his voice quickly draining.

She panicked and quickly thought of an escape, "Oh, crap! I forgot I have work today! I'm going to be so late." She jumped out of bed and charged in the direction of the bathroom.