35

the next few chapters will be while mariyah and tyler are in Columbus with no jauren

•Tyler pov

"you guys ready?" I ask them. josh and lauren were going to florida for a few days. meaning me and mariyah would be on our own. they nodded. I noticed mariyah quietly sitting in the corner playing with a fidget spinner.

"wanna say bye to them?" I ask her. she got up and walked with me to them. "be good josh okay?" I say to him. "Tyler I'm 28!" he rolled his eye playfully. "your my best fren! and do not be looking at new guys in Florida!"

mariyah hugged josh and well... she was small compared to him so she was like a little kitten. "you smell good still" she mumbled. "you do to" he says.
"did I miss something?" I ask.
"a lot" mariyah says. we all laughed.

I hugged Lauren. "don't think about it too much. okay? just have fun" I advise her. "I will you too. take care of mariyah... please" she says. "you miss her?" I ask her. she nodded. "don't worry. I will" I promise her.

now comes the awkward part. mariyah and Lauren saying bye to each other.
"bye" mariyah says quietly.
"bye" lauren spoke in the same tone.
"um... b-be good?" "y-you too" they both ran off awkwardly. "that went well"

after a final goodbye they were off. mariyah was sitting on the stairs with her spinner. I went to her and sat beside her. "I know your upset. But everything gonna be okay" I assure her.
"I want a sandwich" she mumbled.
"I'll make you one-" she stopped me.
"did you hear that?" She asks me.
"hear what?"I ask. she blinked and sat down. "forget it" she mumbled. "come on, let's go make a sandwich" I say.