MFV : 13

Bang.

The sound screamed in Soobin's ears, wallowing up his insides. At once, he opened his eyes, a haze of his own tears limiting his vision. But he could see red, blood. And, the chef, on the floor, a black hole on his forehead, blood gushing out of it.

"Let this be a lesson to anyone who tries to betray me." Minhyuk's voice boomed, sounding like white noise to Soobin.

Everyone had fear written on their faces, eyes widened and faces paled. Soobin stood there, arms still risen, gun still pointed, hands still shaking. His eyes were wide, hollow, glassed. He looked stricken, like every ounce of soul had left his body. He heard footsteps walking away, and once his father left the room, the room erupt.

Guards pulled the bloody body of the chef out of the house, leaving a trail of blood on the floor. Soobin dropped the gun, tears rushing to his eyes, more feeble to release now that his father was gone. He felt arms wrap around him, his head being pushed to someone's chest.

"Hey. I-It's okay-" Someone soothed, patted down his hair, and Soobin felt eyes on him as tears began wracking his insides, sobs choking out of his lips.

"Hongjoong." Seonghwa's voice snapped, and Hongjoong continued holding Soobin close to him.

"People are watching. We can't have him crying." Seonghwa hissed, and Hongjoong pursed his lips and then realized Seonghwa was quite right, because people were eyeing him, wondering why the Boss' son was crying over a job like that.

Hongjoong pulled Soobin aside, seeing tears running down his face, his cheeks reddened and damp, "We don't cry, baby. It's okay, it's alright." Hongjoong said softly, and Soobin sniffled, unable to catch his breath.

"H-H-He's dead, Hongjoong. I-I killed him! I-I killed someone!" Soobin let out, and then he felt someone yank his shirt and pull him, his eyes turning to find Seonghwa.

"Soobin, now isn't the time for you to be shedding tears. This was just a simple act you had to do to show your father you're ready for more. We can't have people thinking you're a weak kid, especially not after what your father said. Stop crying." Seonghwa snapped, and Soobin cowered his head, trying his hardest to control his sobs.

"I-I didn't want to kill him, Seonghwa!" Soobin breathed out, and Seonghwa almost got a soft look on his face, but replaced it with a look of anger.

"Soobin, if your father tells you to do something, you do it, okay? If he hands you a gun and tells you to shoot me in the head, you-"

"No, Seonghwa! I'm not going to do that! I never said I wanted to kill someone! I-I just wanted to be part of the missions, and not t-this! P-Please..." Soobin started sobbing, eyes blurring again, Seonghwa's figure in front of him turning into a splatter of colours.

"Seriously?!" An angry voice snapped, making everyone except Soobin turn their heads, "Go clean up this mess, clearly you have no intention on making him feel better!"

Soobin felt a hand grab his and lead him out of the room, and Soobin just followed like a little puppy, because honestly that's what he felt like right now. A little puppy who just got told by his master to kill a cat that he didn't even want to kill.

Once he was out of the room, and in the foyer before the stairs, he felt arms wrap around him, holding him tightly.

"Y-Yeonjun..." Soobin choked out, tears running down is face as he clutched onto a dress shirt.