Chapter 8 - Bed & Breakfast

Ooo things are happening!

My knuckles hit the wooden door several times rapidly at the same pace as my racing heart. This is it, no turning back now. I await the door to open. It feels like an eternity before it does. He looks torn where he stands. I probably look the same. My morals have gone out the window though, for the night. Maybe there was alcohol in that drink after all.

It feels as if a daze covers us when I step forward. For the second time tonight, our lips connect, none of us hesitating. Yet this time it's more rushed, passionate. I snake my hands around his neck and into his hair while he responds by holding my waist tightly. My foot kicks the door closed and we are alone in his apartment. It smells like him, that clear yet somewhat warm smell.

Our clothes are torn off hastily and I find myself lying on his bed as he assaults my neck, sucking at the tender skin there. My body responds to him like I always knew it would have and I crave for more. I need more. I've never been this close to him before, it's addicting. This man has always been such a prominent figure in my life, although distant, and now I'm here, with him, in his bed. It's all so surreal.

I moan when he enters me. He groans in response and pushes in all the way. The feeling consumes me and I have to hold onto his shoulders to keep my sanity. It feels as if I'm about to just wake up now and find out this is all a dream, but this feels too good to not be reality. His lips meet mine again and I respond feverishly, moaning into his mouth as he continues to grind his hips into mine. Everything makes sense now that I'm here and right now, I was right in coming here.

"Oh, my God!" I whimper and bury my head in his neck, kissing the crook where his neck meets his shoulder. It's a sweet and loving gesture, a big contrast to the fiery movements going on everywhere else. In his body, between us and in mine. I feel myself unraveling bit by bit as the pace quickens. My nails rake down his back uncontrollably and my whole body tenses. His movements become sloppier and sloppier until we both reach the top and collapse in each other's arms.

**

My first thought in the morning sounds something like this: why are my shitty blinds replaced by curtains?

My second goes like this: shit.

I snap my head around to find my memories to be true. A very naked Adam lies next to me and I take a moment to eye his body before I sit up and look away, just to find myself exactly as naked. We should not have done that. We really shouldn't. My subconscious starts to tell me off inside my head. Not even one minute after I wake up and I'm regretting it. Fuck.

I hear Adam stir next to me.

"What time is it?" he mutters, rubbing his eyes with his fists. I check the time on his phone on the nightstand.

"Nine-thirty," I state. I stand up and try to find my underwear. However comfortable I felt without it yesterday, I am not a big fan of being naked in front of people. I pull my panties on and clasp on the bra.

"Where are you going?" Adam has now sat up. I flush at the sight of him and throw him his boxers.

"Nowhere, I just...I don't know..." I mumble and scratch my forehead. I wish I thought this more through yesterday. We really, really shouldn't have done that. But, God, did it feel good.

"You regret it don't you?" Adam sounds hurt as he turns away from me to pull on his boxers.

"Somewhat..."

"Somewhat?"

I sit down next to him and fiddle with my fingers. "Don't you? We went behind Ashley's back, Adam." A heavy feeling appears in the bottom of my stomach and I feel horrible. I just helped Adam cheat on my best friend.