Chapter 7 - Willow's Brokenhearted Cure

Welcome back to another chapter! Thank you for reading my story :) enjoy!

"Elisabeth! Wake the fuck up!" Fern yells through the door. I groan loudly and bury my head in my pillow.

"No!" I yell, but it's muffled by the packed feathers. My head pounds ten times worse when I scream so I screw my eyes shut and wait for the worst throbbing to subside.

I hear the door to my bedroom open and Fern bursting in like the bulldozer she is. "You have work in thirty minutes, so I suggest you listen to me for once." She rips off the cover and I try to keep the warmth by curling into a ball.

"Fern, I'm naked," I state. It's not that I mind being naked or am ashamed of my body, but Fern is one horny lesbian and I tend to avoid horny people eyeing my naked body. Unless, of course, the timing and mood is right for us both. However, I'm straight and not interested.

"Out," I command and point to the door. Fern raises her hands in defense and marches out.

"Not interested, B. Chill."

I sigh and get out of bed tiredly. "What time is it?!" I call out into the living room, cracking the door open.

"Twelve thirty! Your shift starts at one!" she yells back. Again, my head pounds and I close my eyes. Poor neighbors, they must hate us by now. Truth is, I try to be quiet mostly, but talking to Fern somehow always becomes loud.

I take a super-quick shower and get dressed. Usually, I do my makeup before work, and today would be one of the days I had to considering how I look, but I completely dismiss the idea and trudge out of the apartment after taking an aspirin.

The work day is long and boring, prim ladies and confused men walking in and out the doors. My colleague snores off the day in the back room as usual. I don't usually use the word hate, except for my job, but I hate Magdalena. She's old, prissy and lazy – except for when the boss is around, of course. That's also when all my mistakes come flying out of her mouth. "Elisabeth completely misunderstood the customers wants; poor man." "Elisabeth mixed up the necklace prices today and we almost lost one thousand dollars for it." Elisabeth did this, Elisabeth did that.

Well, you barely catch any of it because you're fucking sleeping in the back room. I'm the one with a hangover here.

I close the shop at 8pm sharp, leaving Magdalena to count the money. I can't even handle her, she's too much of a hypocrite.

Instead of going home, I go to the coffee shop I went to on Friday. As hoped for, Willow stands in the coffee bar, serving several customers their newly brewed coffee.

"Hey, Elisabeth, how are you?" she smiles as I sit down on a bar stool. The whole shop has a different vibe when full like now. I suppose right after work people like their coffee too.

"Good, good. Just finished work, I hate my job."

Willow chuckles at me. "How come?"

"Several reasons, my colleague for one." At the mention of her my eyes roll automatically. "What's the most intricate drink you can buy here?" I ask as I look at the menu written on chalkboards on the wall behind the bar.

"Hm...well, it's not on the menu, it's something I made myself."

"Really? Well, I'll have to have one of those then," I say.

"Coming right up," she chirps and gets going on the drink.

While I wait, I scrutinize my nails. I truly should get them done, or at least fix my nail beds. They're dry and peel-y. Disgusting.