Ciro's expression of shock and indecision gave me the answer.

Myrnin had told me the truth.

Our bond couldn't be broken.

Tears of relief slid down my cheeks.

I watched as a new realization grew over Ciro's face. He was going to have to face Myrnin, and if my gut was correct, Gwion as well. And the only defenses Ciro had were five measly vampires to try to stop them. It was laughable.

Ciro's fist slammed down again on the button and he shrieked, "Out run the bastard!!"

The response from the unseen vampire was immediate. "There is no way to out run that vehicle. It will be upon us in less than four seconds." The two vampires at my sides ignored me completely now. They had long since released my arms, preferring to keep watch out the windows, so they could face the new threat head on.

Ciro shrieked louder, "Don't you fucking stop this car!! Do you fucking hear me?!"

I have no idea how, but a giggle made its way out of my throat. I think I was delirious from the pain. Ciro's hand struck across my face, whiplashing my head violently to the side, causing my vision to go black with only bright little specks floating in the darkness. I groaned.

As the stars cleared from my vision, my head lolled to the left, my eyes desperately searching out the window. Every nerve inside of me ached to see them. The overwhelming pressure of it was actually painful. Or maybe that was just the fire radiating from my wrists out to my entire body.

And then I saw them!

Adrenaline and joy surged through me so violently, that the combination almost blocked out the pain for a moment. Almost.

Gwion drove the Hennessy Venom GT directly parallel with the speeding SUV. The instant he was in position, Myrnin leapt out of the passenger seat, landing with a thud on the roof of the Escalade.

I desperately hoped the Escalade was not armored. If it was, I wasn't sure how Myrnin would be able to penetrate the exterior. I got my answer a moment later when I heard the driver's side window shatter. I could not see what was happening because the driver's compartment was sectioned off by a privacy screen. But the unmistakable evidence of a fight, growling and cursing, was loud and clear.

Without warning, the SUV lurched violently and teetered on two wheels. I was tossed to the side, slamming against the hard chest of one of the vampires, before being flung back onto the seat, when the car crashed back down on all four wheels and continued hurtling down the highway.

Adrenaline raced through my veins. I was grateful to still be in one piece, but I desperately wanted the vehicle to come to stop. Myrnin was so close now, and the need to be in his arms caused an unbearable pressure in my chest.

Abruptly, I got my wish – at least, the part about the vehicle stopping – just not quite in the safe and orderly way I had hoped. Instead, the Escalade made a sharp left. And of course, our current speed was too much to accommodate the turn, causing us to flip. I lost track of which direction was up and down as the SUV rolled over and over. I felt like the tiny bits of snow being shaken in a snow globe and idly speculated if this was what it felt like to be inside of a washing machine.

Yeah, I was definitely delirious.

The spin seemed to go on forever. Maybe we were going downhill. I wondered when it would end. A devastating crash combined with the excruciating discontinuation of inertia on my body, more than adequately answered that question. We had clearly impacted some form of resistance, sufficient enough to impede the cylindrical rotation of the out of control SUV. From the destructive sound of it, we were probably a new addition inside of a building alongside of the highway.