You Belong to Me

The photo above is a pic of the dress Gwion gave to Claire

Chapter 36 – You Belong to Me

I blinked, completely unsure what to say while I waited for Myrnin to calm down. After a moment, I finally decided to ask quietly, "What does this mean?"

"It means that he is playing games. He is a clever bastard, with a perpetually changing agenda because he doesn't actually give a shit about anything, so he likes to keep his options open," Myrnin spat.

"But he cannot possibly think that he has any option with me. He has seen us together. I don't think I could be any more obvious that I love you," I pressed, seeking further clarification.

"It is not your love that he is interested in," Myrnin replied pointedly.

If I could have blushed, I knew my cheeks would have faint pink painted on them. I was silent as I gently pulled the bow loose and let it fall to the side. As I lifted the top of the box away, I purposefully determined not to show any response to whatever I found inside, afraid of setting off Myrnin's anger again. As my eyes took in the shocking indigo blue gown, I was extremely thankful that I had kept my emotions and face perfectly smooth, because on the inside I was literally squealing; astounded by how revealing – and absolutely beautiful – it was.

The entire bodice was crafted with an intricate beaded appliquéd and lace pattern. It had a relatively modest – at least compared to the rest of the dress –neckline in the shape of a V. The front appliqué-pattern wrapped around, ending in gentle tendrils along the edges of my back. However, the middle of the back was completely open. I had never seen a dress cut so low. I would definitely have to consult a mirror before wandering out in public, to make sure I wasn't giving everyone a free peep show.

And if the low back were not enough, there were peekaboo cut-out lines, revealing my skin beneath the sheer fabric. The cutout sections of the lines were not very wide, maybe only an inch and a half at the most, however the positioning of them as they angled down across each bum cheek, created quite a dramatic effect.

The rest of the dress was completely sheer, flaring out as it reached the floor. Similar to Amelie's, all of my important areas would be covered by beaded lace that trailed over the hips and continued down into fluid tendrils. Truthfully, it was no more revealing than wearing a miniskirt, but certainly much more startling.

Even without my response to the gown, Myrnin's irritation tripled when he saw it. "Gwion is not going to see you in that!" he snarled.

I had gotten the distinct impression while we were at Amelie's home, that not wearing the gown would be out of the question, and asked, "How would my refusal to wear the gift be interpreted?"

Myrnin confirmed my suspicions, "Exceedingly rude; paramount to a slap in the face. However, after sending a dress to both of you, he deserves a hell of a lot more."