The Ties That Bind

Chapter 18 – The Ties That Bind

He held me up with one hand tucked under my butt, while his other arm hung loose, completely unnecessary to support my weight. He walked slowly, leisurely, in no hurry. Why wouldn't he? He had the entire night to do with me as he pleased. My heart raced at that thought – spending hours in his arms, under his touch.

His lips never left my skin as he carried me. Kissing, licking and occasionally nipping at my flesh; he coaxed heat to every surface. My hands tangled into the curls of his hair, clenching tightly when his lips would glide over a particularly sensitive spot.

I squirmed in his grip, acutely aware of his hard-on between my legs. A small whine released from the back of my throat as I moved my hips to create more friction. I felt his mouth curve into a smile against my neck as he chuckled softly. He suddenly tightened his grip, pressing me into him aggressively, rubbing me against his arousal in firm short strokes; giving me what he knew I wanted.

I hissed a sharp-pitched expression of pleasure, my chest heaving, "Myrnin!"

"Yes, my dear?" he purred, nibbling on my earlobe.

I couldn't find the words to articulate the desire that burned through me. I just knew I wanted him, more than I had ever wanted anything before, and released a high needy whimper.

"Yes, my dear...I will take care of that for you," he promised silkily, and moved his ministrations to my collar bone, before he continued with a devious chuckle, "just not yet."

We finally made it to the bedroom after what seemed like an hour of him teasing and tasting my skin, but could have only been a few minutes. Myrnin used his free hand to open the door and walked across the room soundlessly toward the bed. He sat at the end of it, with me still firmly planted in his lap.

I looked over his shoulder, my eyes sweeping over the bed and gasped. It was beautiful in the moonlight. Of course, it was elegant like the rest of the house. It had an intricate round wrought-iron headboard, with graceful, simple swirls and a butterfly that appeared to be in flight. I had never seen anything like it.

He shifted toward the middle of the bed and rolled our bodies, so that I was lying next to him. "Do you like it?" Myrnin asked. His voice was low with desire and intent.

I looked at the headboard again and was struck with the realization – somehow, someway I would be tied to it shortly. Suddenly Myrnin's question sounded much more like he was asking me if I was ready, rather than if I appreciated the beauty of the headboard.

I brought my eyes back down to his. His gaze was smoldering with intensity. My glance drifted down to his broad shoulders and thick arms. I trailed my fingers across the planes of his chest, his muscles rippling under my touch in response. I was awed by his beauty, power and strength. He took my breath away.

"Yes," I whispered.

Immediately, his hand went from stroking my cheek down to my breast, slowly, purposefully. He never took his eyes off of mine. I held my breath as his fingers continued lower, creating goosebumps along the trail he took down my belly and past my navel, before ghosting between my legs.