That's Going to Be Painful

Chapter 47 – That's Going to Be Painful

"Thanks, Abby," I murmured as she efficiently dried me off with one of the hotel's white fluffy towels, and wrapped another into a tight turban around my hair. I looked at her inquisitively. "Do you know where we are going? Have you been there before?"

"No, I haven't been to this rave before. Come. Let's get you dressed."

I followed her out of the bathroom and over to the closet. My eyes flickered to the sitting area to find Myrnin. He was reclined casually, but the intensity of his gaze as it traveled up and down my body; let me know he was anything but relaxed. Gothic-looking black jeans, accessorized with chains, hugged his hips. The only other thing he had on was a pair of black military boots. His chest was bare.

I inhaled sharply, enthralled by the seductive danger pooling in his eyes. My hand twitched. I ached to run my fingertips along the familiar chiseled planes of his chest, knowing how his muscles would respond to each and every one of my touches.

The corners of his mouth turned up in a slow knowing smile. His eyes glittered wickedly. The night of our first kiss, he had whispered in my ear that he could tell when I was wet for him – he knew it then and he knew it now.

Abigail broke me from my trance when she tsk'd at Myrnin, "Stop distracting her like that." She pulled my attention back to her, and extracted a garment bag. She caught my eyes and smiled expectantly as she unzipped the bag, whispering, "What do you think?"

I gasped softly. Wow. She wasn't kidding. The base of the outfit was comprised of a black bra and teeny tiny black boy shorts. The outfit was embellished with embroidered swirls, beaded trim and flowers in gorgeous hues of green, blue and purple. It was adorned with three butterflies, which seem to hover as if in-flight, while sparkling jewels peeked out from the inside of each flower. Sheer purple fabric hung delicately from each hip.

"I know, right?" Abby smirked at my expression of wonder. She handed me the bottoms and instructed, "Go ahead."

I gingerly stepped into the shorts, and then slid my arms through the straps on the bra. Abby moved to my back to clasp it shut. I slipped my feet into my own pair of coordinating fur boots, to complete the look.

A quiet knock on the door caught my attention. Myrnin crossed the room and checked the peephole, before opening the door. Two women bustled in, carrying various containers of supplies. Without hesitation, they made their way over to the desk and briskly began to unpack a flurry of items.

Abigail took my arm and led me toward them, murmuring a quick explanation, "Hair and makeup." I nodded and settled into the chair. Abby and I chatted while I stared at the large mirror on the wall over the desk.

An hour later, the ladies were done and packed up just as quickly as they had unpacked. "Gorgeous," Abby grinned at me. I smiled back at her, incredibly grateful to have another female around, in the midst of this sea of testosterone.