Without warning, he crossed the room and my back was pressed hard against the wall. I gasped at his forceful move. He whispered roughly, "I can't do this again, Claire. I won't. Do you understand me?!"

I clutched his face with both hands and promised fervently in between kisses, "Never...Never again. I promise."

"Do not make me a promise that you cannot keep," he warned, his tone causing shivers to run up and down my spine.

I stopped and made eye contact with him. I struggled to get the words out over the lump in my throat, "I am so very sorry for hurting you. I would do anything if I could take that pain away."

He nodded, accepting my apology, and said, "You will take the pain away tonight." I didn't really understand his words, but I trusted him. Somehow, tonight was going to heal both of us.

My lips eagerly found his again. I couldn't stand to be away for too long. While holding me in the air, I felt him slide his pants the rest of the way off. My entire body sung for joy when he traced my opening with his finger and purred, "Do you want me inside of you?"

"Yes, yes, yes..." I panted against his lips.

He thrust up into me hard, grinding his pelvis against my clit. I cried out in pleasure, desperate for more, but maddeningly, he stopped and walked to the bed. I finally kicked off my heels as he climbed onto the bed with me under him. When he settled in place between my hips, he murmured, "First, we need to release your block."

I looked up at him in confusion. "But I am not blocking my emotions."

"No, you are not, but you do have the other block in place. The one you put up when you believed that Raven..." he stopped, neither of us really wanting to think about Raven right now.

Oh, that one.

Anxiety rose up in me. Not only had that block stopped the pain when I assumed Myrnin had sex with her, but I had found it surprisingly helpful in another manner and didn't particularly want to let it go. I replied evasively, "It happened automatically," hoping he would accept that I couldn't control it, therefore couldn't release it.

I should have known better than to try to manipulate him.

Especially now.

His body stiffened in anger, and his pupils flashed crimson.

I froze beneath him.

There was a dangerous edge to his voice as he spoke slowly and carefully, making sure I heard every word, "Claire, even the tiniest parts of you belong to me and I want them all. There can be nothing between us. I will not allow it."

I inhaled sharply. I heard every word. I also clearly heard what he didn't say – the lengths he would go to force me into submission should I choose not to do so willingly. He had been right before when he said that I didn't truly understand what it meant to be his. But I was beginning to get it now.

A tear slipped down my cheek when I thought about releasing that particular barrier. "It hurts..." I began, trying to explain, but couldn't finish my sentence.

"It doesn't have to hurt," he murmured softly. His fingers came up to gently tuck an errant strand of hair behind my ear. "Tell me why you fear letting it go."

I twisted my head to the side to avoid eye contact and mumbled, "I'm afraid that answer might make you angry."

He pulled my chin back into position, locking me into his dark liquid gaze, and murmured, "The only thing that angers me is when you hold back from me. Anything else, we can work through together."