63| reunited

"I see you have returned

"I see you have returned."

My eyes opened wide and I spun around, instantly recognising that voice.

Guess what?

It's my wonderful pal of a brother, Quint.

He stepped forward and in a slight panic I grabbed a stick from the ground and held it out in front of me.

Go me, I left my wand in my suitcase!

"Go away or I'll poke you!" I said in the most threatening voice I could muster. He chuckled.

"Put the twig–"

"Stick! Not a twig!" I corrected him, and he smirked.

"Alright then, put that stick down, you're going to take someone's eye out." He replied, calmly, even when I was kinda expecting him to be afraid of me, he isn't the slightest.

"Bro, does it look like I care?" I sent him a are-you-dumb-I'm-Esmraldia-Potter-for-Poseidon's-sake look, and snapped my fingers in a lightning bolt formation. ( a/n: creds to Acciokys for the brill ideA ! )

However, he ignored my comment, no statement, and smirked.

Bloody hell is he related to Draco or something?

Now I sound like I am related to Ron.

"As a matter of fact, I am here to escort you to the Great Hall." Pft, over my dead body he ain't.

"Oh yeh, that's hilarious! But seriously, your jokes are terrible. Now excuse moi." I moved around him, but he stopped me with his arm.

"You don't want a detention on your first day back, now do you?" I burst out laughing.

"Seriously? Who gave you the right?" I asked in between giggles.

"Dumbledore made me Head Boy." My jaw dropped to the ground as I stared at him in shock.

Right, Dumbledore: you're fired.

"Why in the name of fleeing pufferfish are you FRIGGIN' HEAD BOY!" I shouted, stomping on the ground which only made my toe hurt.

Then I realised what that meant.

"Why in flipping monkey's bananas are you JOINING HOGARTS!" I shouted at him, once again.

I hit a nearby rock in anger, only causing me to hold it immediately and hop about like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland rubbing it to make it feel better.

"Last chance to follow me, Miss. Dramatic Hoe." He smirked and turned around.

In my mermaid fury, I held the stick tight in my hand and stood in front of him, pointing it at him.

"Say that again, I dare you," I threatened. "I have a weapon and I'm not afraid to use it." He burst out in laughter.

Now I can officially relate to Jessica and Ron. #siblingstruggles

"Your oh-so-mighty-twig?" He asked, clearly satisfied. I looked at the stick for a few seconds and threw it on the floor.

"No, my fist!" I replied, even more angry than before. I held up my arm and put my fist near his face. Only, he grabbed my hand and stretched his thumb across all my fingers.

"Small fingers. How sweet." He replied.

I punched him.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Hurry up, you're too slow." I ordered Quint, as he staggered along behind me. After that punch, I was in control now.

"You get a detention for that, and for threatening head boy with a stick." He snarled, and I turned around, smiling sweetly at him.

"Do that, and you will become a stick." I said, charmingly, and he scowled at me.

"If you do, I'll poke you." He replied.

"Poke me, and I will snap you." I said.

"Snap me, and I'll cut you."

"Cut me, and I'll burn you." Haha, gotcha.

We turned a corner and I stopped dead in my tracks. In front of me, was a painting. A painting of a beautiful young girl with long brown hair and bright green eyes.

"Is that... mum?" I asked, not believing my eyes.

"Yes." Quint replied, his tone of voice now softened.

I leaned down and read what it said underneath the painting.

Ciara Evans
Brave witch
Missing: 197

Ok, I'm about to faint.

"Evans?" I asked Quint, surprisingly calmly.

"Um..."

"Mum was related to HARRY'S MUM?!" I said loudly, the shock now getting to me.

"Well–" he replied, nervous that I would lose it.

"That's where my powers came from! Wait... OHMYGOSH MY DAD WAS MUM'S SISTER'S HUSBAND!!" I shouted, but a Quint covered my mouth.

"Be quiet you annoying raccoon?" He shushed me. I scowled at him.

He is gonna die.

"Wait, is that the entrance to the Great Hall? Is Amatheia, Isla and a Sirena already in there?" I asked my brother.

"Amatheia? That's a pretty name..." I smirked and raised an eyebrow at him. He blushed.

Looks like I have myself some matchmaking to do...

"Oh really now?" I said mockingly, causing him to blush even harder.

"I've seen her before... long brown hair, right?" I smirked.

"Yes." He smiled, and headed towards the door.

"And yes, they are. They've been sorted too."

Oh Merlin... this was it.

Time to go back.