13| вroĸen

After meeting up with Cedric, I attended all my usual classes for the day

After meeting up with Cedric, I attended all my usual classes for the day. When Care of Magical Creatures had ended, I decided to go see Dumbledore about the spell he cast on me by the lake. The spell that was supposed to disguise my eyes as aqua blue.

That wasn't the only thing I had noticed. Mermaid scale patterns started to form on my thighs. That meant only one thing.

The spell's wearing off, when it shouldn't be.

I reached the Professor's office with the help of a few students directing me in the right direction along the way, and I knocked.

"Come in Esmraldia." A voice spoke from inside.

How did he know it was me? Never mind that, of course he does. He's Dumbledore.

Hesitantly, I turned the handle and entered to find Dumbledore sitting at his desk, Fawkes staring at me curiously.

"Hello Professor."

"How are you, Esmraldia? Everything going well?" He smiled and looked at me through his half-moon spectacles.

"Not exactly. You know the spell you cast on me by the lake?" He nodded, then I continued. "Well... it's wearing off. My mermaid scales are beginning to form in my legs and..." I trailed off.

"What's the matter, dear?" His smile had now vanished.

"I think a boy named Cedric Diggory saw my eyes change back to their usual colour." I said quietly and waited for his reaction. Surprisingly, he didn't look angry, he just looked worried.

Maybe not so surprising then.

"Esmraldia, do you like the boy?" When Dumbledore said those last 5 words, I suddenly froze. Do I?

No, I don't.

Maybe...

No, just on a friend way.

I mean, he's nice, no–

Handsome.

"As a f–friend, y–yes?" I stuttered. No way did he believe me, but I tried anyway. Wait what? But that's the truth... isn't it?

"If you say so, my dear. Now let's sort this spell out." I nodded.

"Alright."

Dumbledore took out his wand and held it out in front of him, the tip of it pointing at me.

"Denviso Sarquino."

At once I felt my eyesight go slightly blurry, again, and felt a tingling feeling in my thighs.

"I think it worked Professor. So now I am once again disguised?" He nodded and put away his wand.

"Yes, now run along now, or you'll miss curfew." He gestured for the door and I said goodbye, then exited the office.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Isobel's POV

After Care of Magical Creatures, Esmraldia just left Jessica and I, like she was in a rush to go somewhere, so I followed her.

I was confused when I realised she was heading towards Dumbledore's office, and wondered if I should go. But then I saw Esmraldia look at her eyes in the mirror, and it seemed suspicious.

So me being me, I decided to listen in to their conversation. There was a crack in the door, so I peeked my right eye through to watch.

"If you say so, my dear. Now let's sort this spell out." That sounded like Dumbledore's voi– wait what? What spell?! I tried to listen more closely.

"Alright." I heard Esmraldia say.

I watched as Dumbledore took out his wand and held it out in front of him, the tip of it pointing at Esmraldia.

"Denviso Sarquino."

After he said that incantation, which I have never heard before, she started to shake slightly, blinking a lot and rubbing her eyes. Not only that, but she was scratching at her legs like she was in pain slightly.

"I think it worked Professor. So now I am once again disguised?" He nodded and put away his wand. WHAT?

"Yes, now run along now, or you'll miss curfew." He gestured for the door and Esmraldia said goodbye, then exited the office, with me hiding behind a nearby pillar, watching her go.

Once she was out of sight, I left, heading the opposite way to where she was going, leaving me thinking only one thing...

What disguise?