35| girl, diary & chamber

I slammed the door to the girls' bathroom wide open and ran towards the sinks

I slammed the door to the girls' bathroom wide open and ran towards the sinks. I laid my hands down on the sides of the basin and looked in the mirror.

My eyes were now red and patchy, with seawater tears streaming down my face.

"How could I have been so stupid!" I shouted out and fiercely threw a book across the room until it hit a pillar that just happened to be on the floor.

I then slammed my hands against the wall and slid down the pillar, letting myself drop to the floor and placed my head in between my knees, crying.

My birthday is in 5 days. That means I have known Cedric for exactly 360 days; almost one year.

Ever since I joined Hogwarts, I have been his friend.

From snowball fights last year during Christmas to playing the odd good prank on Professor Snape, I have been there for him, no matter what.

And this is how he repays me.

"Why are you crying?"

I looked up to see a young girl with black hair tied neatly in bunches wearing black glasses. I knew who she was instantly.

"You must be Moaning Myrtle." I noticed she was transparent, which told me she was a ghost.

"Excuse me?" She frowned.

"Sorry, I meant Myrtle." I replied quickly.

"I'll ask again, why are you crying?"

"Nothing you should worry about." I snapped at her. I. Just. Want. To. Be. Alone.

"Don't be like that! I have been in this bathroom for 50 odd years or so, and have had absolutely no one to talk to you, and when I finally have the chance, you just insult me! Can't you just give a dead girl like me some respect! Here you are, wimping probably over nothing when Gryffindors are supposed to be brave, not just hanging around the place where I I live and cry like a baby and–"

That's it.

"JUST LEAVE ME ALONE! NO WONDER THEY CALL YOU MOANING MYRTLE YOU DRAMA QUEEN!"

I shouted at Myrtle and shot up from the floor, running across the bathroom when I slid, crashing to the floor. I managed to haul myself back up.

When I did, I looked to the floor. The book was there. It was black, and had golden and emerald green binding. I picked it up and tried to read what the lettering said.

T  M     A  V       R             E

Myrtle had now gone, so I went back to the sinks. I turned in the tap and rubbed as the dirt that was covering the letters. Once I had cleaned it up without wetting the pages, I took another closer look at it.

TOM MARVOLO RIDDLE

My eyes opened wide as I stared at those three words. This was the diary of the Dark Lord. I had heard about this since Asteria had once told me.

Out of the corner of my eye I noticed a snake on the tap. I stared at it and touched it. Without warning the sinks split and moved further and further apart, making me move back. When I looked over the sink, I noticed there was a dark drop, or tunnel.

I was about to turn away, when I felt someone push me forward. I screamed and fell down into the hole, not being able to see who shoved me.

I fell and fell, when I landed on a pile of bones.

"I see you found my diary."

I slowly looked up, and met the eyes of the Dark Lord. Only he was much younger and looked exactly like a teenager should. The boy in the picture of that textbook. Tom Marvolo Riddle.