48| just do it

My eyes flickered open to find myself laying on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room

My eyes flickered open to find myself laying on the sofa in the Gryffindor common room. I slowly sat up.

"What happened?" My eyesight focused and I saw Ciara sitting on the chair beside me.

"You fainted." She said.

That's when everything she told me suddenly flowed back into my head.

"Oh...my..." I began.

"Y–"

"GOD!" I shouted out, pulling down my cheeks in despair.

"Don't panic, I know the news was sudden, but I–" Ciara continued, but I cut her off again.

"I'M THE DAUGHTER OF FLIPPING THE JAMES POTTER AND ONE OF MY BEST FRIENDS, AND YOU EXPECT ME TO STAY CALM!" I practically shouted out to her.

"Yes, but–"

"I CAN'T HANDLE LIFE RIGHT NOW." I shouted again.

"WILL YOU STOP INTERRUPTING ME!" Ciara shouted back in reply, and I instantly shut up.

Yup, she now officially sounds like my mother. I don't think I can see her as anything else.

She continued. "As I was trying to say, nobody must know about this. Not even Jessica, or your little lover boy Cedric."

Oh fudgesticks. That's embarrassing.

She's my mother, even if she is still in her, well just left, her teenage years.

"Do you understand?" She looked at me seriously. I nodded. "Good, and don't go around calling me 'mum', just stick with Ciara from now on." I nodded once again.

I wasn't going to anyway.

If I did, people would think I've gone bonkers.

"Alrighty then, I'm going to bed." I tried to say enthusiastically. I attempted to stand up but nearly fell in the fire. Luckily, Ciara or mum grabbed my hand. That could've gone down badly.

You know what, I'm just going to call her Ciara instead of mum.

It doesn't confuse my brain so much that way.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"Ball in two days, loverbird! So get pulling." What the trident, Jessica! How can she just say something like that so casually?

I shut the door to the dormitory and sat on my bed.

"Your brain is contaminated." I replied simply, getting out my book.

No, it isn't Twilight.

"In a good way."

Ok: I legit gave her the most disgusted look mermaidly possible.

"YOU HAVE PROBLEMS GIRL." I told her, and she just shrugged.

"NO, you're just too shy and won't admit your true feelings to yourself, LADAI." She gave me as sassy look and a smirk.

" She gave me as sassy look and a smirk

How is she so good at comebacks?

"Stop sassing me Jess." I replied.

"Stop playing denial Ria." Now I can tell she's a true Weasley. Seriously, she has to be related to Molly.

"I'm not!" I rolled my eyes.

"Are."

"Not."

"Are."

"Not."

"Not."

"Ar–"

"Gotcha!" Jessica laughed at me. She tricked me!

"Stop tricking me!" I said in frustration.

"Start concentrating so that I don't." She smirked once again and I struggled to find a reply.

"Oh holy moly you're hopeless!" I shrugged with my hands.

"Oh honey bunny admit it, you're lovestruck. Do I seriously have to remind you yet again about that time you almost kissed Cedric?"

Oh gawd.

Silence.

"Um..."

"Kiss Cedric at the ball!" Jessica squealed causing my left ear to go deaf for a second.

"What?!" No no no no no noooo.

"I dare you to kiss Cedric at the ball! Come on, it is getting ridiculous, just do it!" She pretty much ordered.

"But I–"

"No buts, Esmraldia! You are going to the ball with Cedric, and you will kiss him! May I also remind you that it's your birthday on the same day of the ball?" She smirked at me, and my eyes widened.

Oh my gawd how could I have forgotten.

Before I could say anything a brown owl flew through the window, with a letter in its beak. I reached for it and opened it.

Meet me in the Room of Requirement
Tomorrow evening at 8:00
- C x

I smiled, and then I had a moment of realisation.

It's Valentine's Day tomorrow...