14| ѕυѕpιcιonѕ

"Hey Esmraldia, where have you been?" I sauntered back into the Gryffindor common room after I had been to Dumbledore's office, to see Isobel sitting by the fire

"Um... I... left my bag in the classroom." I replied, hoping she would believe me.

She didn't.

"We just had Care of Magical Creatures, we have that class outside..." She stared at me suspiously. I gulped.

If I may say so myself, I am probably the worst liar in all the seven seas.

"Sorry, I meant forest! I'm so tired my brain isn't working properly." I managed to fake laugh and made my way up the stairs towards the girls dormitories as quickly as I could.

Once I had entered the dormitory, I found Jessica sound asleep on the bed, which was surprising since she never feels tired.

"Silencio."

With a flick of my wand, a transparent barrier had formed around her bed, enabling me to rummage around.

I gathered my notes and textbooks, then hurried out the dormitory.

I expected Isobel to be sitting in the common room like she was when I left her, but she wasn't.

Strange...

I pushed the thought out of my head and headed out the common room, remembering what Cedric said the first day in the library about asking Professor Snape for ingredients.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Cedric's POV

I was making my way down the empty corridors towards the library where I would meet Esmraldia to go and talk to Snape, but when I turned a corner I heard a noise.

It echoed throughout the hallway and I immediately froze in my tracks.

I heard the clicking noise again and whipped around, only to see the dark corridor illuminated by a couple of fire torches.

"W–who's there?" I said confidently.

Inside I was, I admit it, scared. Not terrified, but scared.

Another clicking noise came from behind me. I instantly turned around and jumped back when there, right in front of me, was a dark hooded figure.

It raised its hand that held its wand.

I immediately reached for mine but in a flash I fell to the ground.

The last thing I saw was a mark. A mark that consisted of a skull and a serpent.

Until everything went black.