Finally Home Sweet Home

Cause we need chill pill!  Fiction.

James opened the door and walked inside to a very cozy home like feeling with sunflower in hands.

The house was warm, probably heated, and seemed to have a certain glow to it.

Candles.

She had candles lit by the door way.

He smiled as the lemon and lilac scent hit his nose and burned his nostrils.

Despite the cold outside, the house was normally pretty warm.

Sometimes he loved to have a heated home to come to.

"-Naddie?" James called quietly.

He made his way up the stairs after taking his shoes and coat off and looked around.

He turned to go to in the kitchen, where she normally waited for him while she read her book.

Instead she wasn't there. He turned around to look in the living room, but was suddenly pulled back by the back of his shirt.

"-Welcome home!" Nadine said with a smile.

James chuckled. "-Thanks."

She pulled him in for a kiss.

He was shocked by the strength and urgency of the kiss. She was normally more gentle when she kissed him.

Unless she was excited or angry.

He soon followed her movement and kissed with the same urgency.

His hands were in her hair and hers were on either side of James's face.

By the time they pulled away for a breath they were sitting down on the nearby couch with Nadine sitting on James's lap.

"-Whoa, what's got you so hyped up?" He asked with a curious smirk.

"-I haven't seen you in one week and I've been home alone for a week. Work was not the same without you. Why do you think I'm excited?" Nadine replied with an easy smile.

He felt his heart flip in his chest as he saw her smile.

He loved her smile and that was putting it the easy way.

He could stare at her smile for ages and never ever get bored of it.

It was filled with energy and joy.

It was always real. It reached her eyes and was so contagious he could hardly ever resist not smiling with her. That was a big reason to why he loved her.

"-I missed you too." James said giving her a hug.

"-I missed you more you know. I got so bored without you I cleaned the entire house three times." Nadine replied.

James raised his eyebrows. "You did?"

"-Yep." Nadine said nodding.

He laughed and sure enough she followed.

Allowing him to move a strand of hair off her face he gave her the flowers that he bought for her.

"-You got me flowers?' Nadine smiled.

"they're beautiful," she smelled them and closed her eyes "and smell good. Thank you love." she finished with a kiss on his lips.

"-You're welcome," James said.

"how are you?" He asked.

Nadine smiled a cocky smile, closing the firm distance between them

"-Hmm," she begin against his lips.