James and Nadine-Plans

2020

It has been six years now. Three years of knowing each other, six months engaged and two and a half years married.

In a peaceful town in Tagaytay, Philippines they lived in a thousand acres house with three dogs, three cats and happily married.

It was a hot summer day, around six thirtyish after sunset, Nadine was outside of her house wearing a sport bra and leggings cleaning the grass of her front door house when James pulled up in their drive way.

She stopped the grass cutting machine and waited for him to get out the car.

"What'd you get?" She asked.

He left fifteen minutes earlier, saying he was having man cravings and was going to the store to buy some 'stuff'.

"Drunk food!" James shouted while waving a white bag in the air. Nadine rolled her eyes.

'Man cravings' she thought. how could she not know it was drunk food he was talking about.

He scooped her off her feet and sat her on top of the car roof then stood in between her legs. She wrapped both her legs around his waist as his hands wondered in her back, under her sport bra.

"Finally those grass are clean!" James commented just to annoy his wife.

"Shut up. I try to clean them as much as possible on my free time." Nadine replied.

"Whatever you say Mamma." James smiled.

Nadine ran her fingers in his hair as they look at the sprinkles water the grass.

"I want a farm!" She said randomly.

"Ok?" James said questioningly with a raised eyebrow.

"Not something too big. Just ten acres with lots of different animals," she explained, "and I want to watch you feed the animals shirtless, showing your sexy abbs." She added with a wide smile.

James looked at her as if she was insane, "you can get a farm, I'm all up for it but I'm not feeding any animals shirtless." He said.

James grinned then lift his chin to look into his sleepy brown eyes, "yes you will," she said confidently.

James shook his head in disagreement, "...and why would I do that?" He asked.

Nadine smiled, "easy answer : cause you love me!" She said then kissed his lips.

To that he couldn't disagree, he loved her more than anything in this world.

"Gurghhh!" He groaned and Nadine threw her hands in the air victoriously.

"But you know, you're gonna have to seperate them so they don't kill each other." James told her.

Nadine looked like she was deep into thoughts as she replied, "Not my animals. They'll be good."

James smirked then rested his head against her chest, "If you say so." He said.

It was silence for a couple minutes, they were locked in a close embrace, watching the sun fully set and the sky go dark.

James sighed at the peacefulness and the warm wind sending shivers down his spines as his wife cradled his head.

"And I think, we can add some little animals of ours too." Nadine spoke in a calm tone causing James to slightly raise his head with his eyes full of questions.

"Kids?" He asked. Nadine nodded.

"What about your career? You're gonna give up acting, modeling and singing all that stuff?" He asked again.

Nadine shook her head, "no, of course not." She answered.

James look confused as if he didn't understand how they could fit kids into this relationship. He never thought about it until now that Nadine brought it up. "So how are we going to that? With traveling, working and all of that stuff?" He asked more firmly.

"I don't know," Nadine admitted, "I don't know but we'll find a way to make it work." She said almost promising.

James smiled, a family seems accurate for the way his life turned out and there is nobody else in the world he'd love to have kids with. He was up for a challenge. It's always good to make plans for a future.

"So we're talking kids and a farm?" He said thoughtfully.

"Yeah," James said, "Can you imagine a mini James or a mini Nadine running around with their little feet yelling 'mommy and daddy' and driving us crazy?" She said chuckling almost as if she was also picturing that herself.

James smiled at the image that formed in his head. He as a dad sounded... exciting!

"Why the hell not?" He simply said with a huge grin, "Let's do it!" He said showing a little bit of excitement.

"Yes, yes!" Nadine smiled, "let's do it!" She repeated.

James kissed her lips then caught her off guard and picked her up in his arms bridal style. Nadine let out a yelp of surprise with a cute laugh, almost giggle.

"Let's go get started!" James said then walked to their door and kicked it open....

***

I always visualize how adorable their kids in the future. 🍃