September 2 (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry," Camila whispered as she pulled back, her breath hot on Lauren's skin. "You look so beautiful. Your hair is dark again, I like it."

"I dyed it a few days ago," Lauren mumbled as she dropped her gaze down to her lap and Camila sighed sadly because she hadn't meant to ignore Lauren or make her feel like she didn't matter, but yet she had. Camila bit her lip and reached down to pick up Lauren's text and her notebook, sliding them down the length of the couch so she could sit in front of Lauren, mirroring her fiancée's cross legged position.

"I ignored you this week," Camila said softy and Lauren just shrugged, trying to play it off like it wasn't a big deal, but Camila knew it was. "I got caught up in pledging and I got caught up in my classes and I ignored you and that wasn't fair. I am so sorry, Lauren."

Lauren took a breath, chewing on her bottom lip before she lifted her head to look at Camila. "At first," Lauren began in a hushed tone. "It wasn't a big deal, because you seemed genuinely happy and it was nice to see, but then I got my haircut and you didn't notice and then I dyed it black again and you still didn't notice or say anything, then I told you I was getting new glasses the other day and when you got home all we talked about was Rush and you didn't ask to see them. It felt like you didn't care."

"I know an apology doesn't change anything," Camila said, placing a hand on the side of Lauren's face, her thumb stroking across her cheekbone. "But I am so sorry, I didn't mean to get caught up and-"

"I couldn't sleep."

"I know," Camila sighed. "I didn't know that was why, and-"

"You didn't ask."

"I know," leaning forwards, Camila rested her forehead against Lauren's and stared into tired eyes. "I'm so sorry, I'm sorry I didn't notice your hair cut or that you dyed it and I'm sorry I didn't ask about your glasses, which I love by the way, and more than that I'm sorry you couldn't sleep because I made you feel less important than everything else I was doing." Lauren nodded her head sadly and Camila pulled back just enough to be able to connect her lips with Lauren's, hoping to ease some of Lauren's pain. "Chelsea, my Big, told me to remember there is life outside of Alpha Delta Pi, she told me I was wrong for treating you like you were second place and she was right, I was so wrong this week in how I acted towards you and I didn't even realize I was doing it and that makes it so much worse, but I've been thinking a lot and I have an idea."

"An idea?"

Camila let out a small laugh when Lauren's nose scrunched up, showing her confusion, but she nodded for Camila to continue talking as she reached up a hand and starting poking at the jewels on Camila's face. "They're itchy," Camila whispered, causing a smile to form across Lauren's face. "But Dinah literally glued them to my skin and I'm worried they may never come off."

"They make you look like a mermaid."

"They make me feel like a moron."

Lauren threw her head back and laughed, before moving to place the flower Camila had bought her on top of her computer. "Thank you for the flower by the way, I really appreciate it," she told Camila as she grabbed at the box of pizza, pulling it closer.

"It's the least I could do," Camila admitted. "I feel horrible, I really, honestly did not mean to hurt your feelings."

Nodding her head, Lauren gave Camila a smile and shrugged, "Can you tell me about your idea?"

"Of course," Camila said quickly, watching Lauren flip the lid on the box of pizza open, taking a slice and handing it to Camila before getting one for herself. "I'm gonna be busy, between working at the bookstore on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday mornings and with my classes and the Sorority events and meetings, but I know you'll be busy too, with work and your own classes and the gallery thing I overheard you telling Ally and Normani about, which by the way I want details on." Lauren said nothing, she just bit into her pizza and let Camila talk. "We are both going to be busy, but I don't want our relationship to take a back seat because of it, I don't want to feel like we're going backwards because our schedules won't allow us to move forwards, so I have a proposal."