Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 6*

*Toshiro's p.o.v*

When I woke up from my nap, well... it wasn't really a nap, I felt so warm and relaxed. My muscles weren't tense, my worries had disappeared, and my mind was clear. It was so peaceful that I regret ever waking up, until I realized Anami was in my arms next to me. It's been happening a lot lately, waking up with Anami next to me and sleeping with her in my arms. I should stop, but I can't. It's like she's something that can fill my sudden loneliness whenever she walks through the door. Her scent of irises and lilacs was addicting to me. Her voice is like little bells to me that send me into a frenzy. Even now, while she's laying asleep in my arms, I can't help but notice how perfectly she fits into me.

All my years here in the Soul Society have been so empty. Everything I ever did was worry about work, my squad, and making sure Rangiku does what she's suppose to. I was never given the chance to relax and do something that I like, but i knew the things I had to sacrifice when I became a Captain. I just began to accept that fact and soon became closed off and more strict. It's like I'm an unfinished puzzle missing a piece. With Anami around, it's like the missing piece is slowly being filled, but I don't know how and I don't know why. It's just happening naturally.

I sighed. I wish I didn't have to get up. I would do anything to just freeze time and stay forever there; I would've been eternally happy. But for now, I'll have to be content with just seeing her peacefully sleeping there, knowing that she's safe and sound.

As soon as I got up, the warmth left, only leaving behind a tingly sensation that enveloped my body, taunting me by reminding me of what I am leaving behind.

Walking to my desk, I realize that today is 2 days from when I originally fell asleep. And I didn't finish the paperwork. I know I should worry, but the truth is... I couldn't care less. The tingles flowing through my body made me focus on nothing but that. Looking behind my desk, I expected to see a fallen pile of papers covering the floor; instead, the floor was entirely clear. I haven't seen the floor for a long time. I didn't even know that there was a carpet under here.

There was a knock on the door. "Paperwork from Squad 1, Captain Hitsugaya. Permission to enter?" Squad 1 was always so formal.

"Permission granted." I reply back. The door swung open gently and the messenger walked into the room. He set a small pile of paperwork on the top of my desk. Normally, this amount of paperwork would send me over the edge, but with no more overdue paperwork to worry about, I can relax and most likely finish this in about an hour.

"Is there anything else you need?" He asked me.

"There is one thing." I replied. "Did you pick up the paperwork from two days ago?"

"Yes, sir, and yesterday's too."

"Did you remember the signature on the paperwork from two days ago?"

"Yes. It was Miss. Scuitto's (A/N: pronounced shoe-toe...) signature."

So Anami did do all the work. "How about yesterday's?"

"Umm... it was Miss. Matsumoto's signature."

Rangiku?! She did some paperwork?! "Are you sure? How do you know it wasn't forged?"

"I'm as surprised as you, Captain Hitsugaya. I couldn't believe it as well, but as I came to pick the paperwork up, I saw Miss. Matsumoto still working to meet the deadline. She still had some paperwork left to do, so she told me to wait quietly, and she stressed the quietly part. It's like she didn't want to get caught or something like that. At one point I thought that maybe someone was sleeping, but I couldn't see anyone else." He finished. A Hell Butterfly came in and landed on his shoulder. After a few seconds, it flew away, and he turned to me. "Captain Hitsugaya, Head Captain Yamamoto would like to see you. He wants to see you immediately."