Like an Unfinished Puzzle *Chapter 12*

[WARNING: GETS A LITTLE STEAMY IN THIS CHAPTER]

*Anami's p.o.v*

Laughter filled Toshiro's room as I had just told him about Rangiku's vow to sobriety and her little craze mishap two days ago. Although I was glad he had his mind off of his drunken accident, I was a bit ashamed of what happened; however, just hearing him laugh and seeing his smile is a great contrast that I'm welcoming.

After my confrontation with Momo, I came across Hanataro. I asked him where Toshiro was (addressing him as Captain Hitsugaya) and of course he stuttered in a very cute way, but after a while of just saying senseless syllables, he gave up and just showed me the way. Toshiro was awake (and blushing for reasons unknown) by the time I got there, and I thanked Hanataro and kissed his cheek, making the poor boy faint. I just giggled while Toshiro had sent me a disapproving look.

What can I say? I love being a tease.

Eventually, Hanataro woke up and hastily exited claiming he needed to go back to work. For the next hour or so, we spent it alone, sitting on his hospital bed, talking about Rangiku's new sober form just trying to ignore the elephant in the room. However, that thing demanded attention and it won. What I'm going to do next is going I kill me.

"Mr. Toshiro... What happened?" The aura around him shifted to serious. I didn't want him to go through this right now, but I had to ask him sometime and it's better sooner than later.

His face hardened, his face paled, and I immediately regretted asking him. I shook my head and said, "Just forget it. You don't have to-"

I was suddenly forced on my back by, you guessed it, Toshiro. Although he didn't have any sexual intentions sober, our experience yesterday put its effect on me, so I couldn't help but tense at his actions. I think he felt it, because soon he started to pattern shapes lightly on the dancer's arch I had in my back. The little movements soothed my tense muscles and even tickled me a bit. A let out a breathy chuckle, so he took it as a sign to start talking.

"About 10 days ago, you woke up from an accident you have no recollection about, right?"

I nod, "That's about right. What does this have to do with anything?"

He chuckles, "You were always impatient, even before this happened." He flipped us over so that I was on top of him. I was now terrified because I'm pretty sure I'm crushing him with my heavy weight, but he was easily breathing underneath me and he wasn't complaining, so that's how we stayed. My hands rested on his chest, our legs were in between each other's, and his hands were wrapped around my waist and rested on my back.

He sighed. "I don't know how to say this," he confessed. I slightly smiled as a cold shiver ran down my spine. Was it really that bad?

"Then just say it," I simply say. He sighed again.

"Fine... But promise me you won't hold it against me. I don't want you mad at me." Flashes of yesterday came back to me, and now I realize what they mean with the saying 'Drunken words are sober thoughts.' Yesterday, Toshiro had voiced out all of emotions to me: insecurity, doubts, ...lust..., and regrets.

Then reality hit me, I didn't really know Toshiro as well as I thought I did. He'd been going through hell since my accident, maybe even before, and I only understood not even half of his troubles. Was I really that oblivious?

I broke out of my thoughts when Toshiro's arms tightens around me. I then remember the question he asked me and realize that I had taken too long to answer it. I quickly smile and reply, "Of course. I can never be mad at you."

He scoffed, "Wait a few minutes and see if you say that again." I'm pretty sure he didn't mean to say that out loud, but it just got me worried. "Well, as I said, you woke up from your accident about 10 days ago, and yesterday, early in the morning, I got summoned to General Yamamoto's office where he told me..." He stopped and held me even tighter. He put his head down to my head and took a deep breath. "I... I'm so sorry, Anami..." His voice had dramatically faltered, but he said my name in such a loving way he almost contradicted himself.