Myrnin grasped the door handle in one hand. His other hand was firmly placed at the bottom of my spine, ready to push me.

We entered the tunnel.

One of the huge Jeeps shot up next to us. Myrnin thrust the door open. A fierce looking vampire in military gear, crouched inside the Jeep. His arm extended out, ready to catch me. Myrnin's hand was like a spring against my back, instantly propelling me forward.

My body went flying. I felt the stinging impact of the wind resistance for only a millisecond, before entering the other vehicle. Time seemed to slow down as the waiting vampire captured my body in an unbreakable hold and jerked me to the other side, allowing Myrnin to vault in right behind me. And then, almost faster than my brain could process, the vampire disappeared, jumping out of the hurtling Jeep, into the SUV.

My eyes flickered past him in time to see Gwion situate himself into the driver's seat of the awaiting Hennessy Venom GT sports car, on the other side.

Both doors slammed shut.

Myrnin tossed his weapon down. Our driver rolled his body into the passenger seat, snatching up the weapon, all in one smooth movement. Myrnin took his place behind the wheel. I huddled in the middle of the back seat, staring out the front windshield with wide eyes. My body tingled from head to toe, adrenaline coursing unchecked through my veins.

As we exited the tunnel, I saw the sleek black sports car catapult ahead. A quick glance down at the speedometer confirmed my suspicion. Gwion had to be driving close to 200 mph for the car to disappear so quickly into the distance.

Both of the luxury sedans shot forward after him. Neither could keep up with the insane speed that Gwion was driving, but both pulled a considerable distance ahead of the SUV and both Jeeps.

The helicopter took off in their direction, leaving us behind as Myrnin eased off of the gas, letting the Jeep decelerate.

"They know," I whispered. There was no doubt in my mind. They had to know Gwion was now driving the sports car.

"Yes, they know," Myrnin answered through gritted teeth. "At least that answers the question of who their target is. We weren't sure if it was you or him."

I was silent.

"They won't catch him. They'll try. But the helicopter cannot come close to matching his speed. He'll meet us at the hotel," Myrnin supplied.

We exited the highway and drove in silence, with the exception of occasional communication through their earpieces. I looked closer at the strange vampire in the passenger seat. He was dressed in a black suit with black gloves that flew over the keyboard of the laptop he was holding. His chocolate brown hair was cropped short; his face darkened a little bit thicker than a 5 o'clock shadow. Apparently he didn't have time to shave before joining our little expedition.

"What's your name?" I whispered.

He looked back at me with a hard determined expression, but his blue eyes softened, when he read the anxiety on my face. "Trystan," he answered simply before turning back to his laptop.

"It's nice to meet you, Trystan," I murmured quietly. He nodded in acknowledgment without looking back.

We drove for another forty-five minutes into a densely populated metropolis. Huge buildings of glass and steel, protruded into the sky high above us, as we wound through the streets. I knew we had to be close to our destination. The sun would be up soon.

Both Jeeps and the SUV made a hard right into a covered parking garage. We circled up a few stories before Myrnin finally stopped the car. He got out, opened the back door and practically yanked me out of the backseat, crushing me to his chest. Immediately my body relaxed, soaking up the intense strength that radiated from his broad shoulders and strong arms firmly locked around me.