I whispered a little hoarsely to Myrnin, "What is happening in fifteen minutes?"

"More vampires will be joining us," he said shortly.

I nodded mutely.

Myrnin tightened his hold on me and murmured, "Everything will be okay."

I tried to believe him.

After a few minutes, I noticed him look in the side mirror. "Two," he murmured out loud.

Two? I was completely lost. And then I realized there were two sets of headlights behind us. Gwion didn't stop. If anything, he accelerated. I gripped Myrnin's hand tighter. He looked down, understanding my increased anxiety and murmured, "It is okay. They are with us."

Within minutes, additional headlights joined our hurtling convoy, flanking us on both sides. I glanced at the speedometer. Gwion was driving a little over 120 mph. There were four vehicles total following us now. I wondered how many more to expect. As if reading my mind, Myrnin answered my unspoken question and said, "One more."

Finally the fifth set of headlights appeared, passing all of the other vehicles to settle right behind us. Gwion pulled over to the side of the highway with all five vehicles following suit. Almost instantly, there were several very large men around our vehicle. Some were dressed in black suits, others in military gear.

Gwion exited the car without even cutting off the engine. I realized why, when one of the suits immediately took his place behind the wheel.

The back door was opened. Myrnin and I were ushered out quickly. I could see the line of cars behind us. They varied dramatically in style and shape. The only thing they had in common was that they were all black. There were two Jeeps with monstrous sized tires. I wondered if we were planning any off-road activities. I identified another luxury sedan similar to the car we had just exited, and sitting very low to the ground, was a sleek exotic sports car. It looked expensive and it looked fast.

My attention was directed toward the hulking vehicle immediately behind us. As we approached it, I was amazed at its extended size and whispered to Myrnin, "What is that?"

He answered quickly, "Mercedes Benz G63 AMG."

A man dressed in black and gray camouflage and combat boots, stood rigidly next to the open door, awaiting our entrance. He had a very large intimidating weapon slung over his shoulder. While I appreciated the additional firepower, I wondered how effective it would be against vampires. As we climbed in and settled into the luxury leather seats, I murmured to Myrnin curiously, "And the sports car?"

"Hennessy Venom GT."

"Expensive?" I raised an eyebrow. Probably a silly question because the car just screamed money.

Myrnin smiled, "A little. More than a million."

"Dollars?" I gasped.

He nodded and added as way of explanation, "Gwion has considerable resources."

I blinked. I knew he was rich, but a million dollars for one car?! That was insane. "How did he get his cars to Wyoming so quickly?" I tried to make sense out of the alternate reality I seemed to be currently living in.

"They were obtained from local dealerships," Myrnin explained. He lowered a retractable table and opened the laptop again, clicking it quickly to life.

My eyes were wide as I asked, "So, in thirty minutes on the phone, in the middle of the night, Gwion somehow assembled a task force of mercenary vampires and purchased four million dollars in vehicles?!" I tried to keep my mouth from hanging open.