I Love That Sound

Start from the beginning

"Do you..."I started to ask.

Quite abruptly, he compelled me back into silence. I blinked in confusion. And then I understood. He did not want me to ask that question, when there were so many ears in the room; which could only mean one thing - the answer had to do with Amelie's powers flowing through me.

I nodded my understanding and he released his compulsion. He looked at me intently, with a clear question in his eyes. I shook my head in response, answering him. I knew what he was silently asking, and was confident that Gwion did not know I carried Amelie's powers. Gwion had fished for information, but it felt more like his normal games. And I had not done anything radically out of the ordinary, which would have suggested I was something more than just an out-of-control fledgling vampire.

His gaze finally softened and I breathed a huge sigh of relief. He murmured softly in my ear, "You look breathtaking."

The sophisticated ballroom music slowed and came to an end. I was surprised to find that it was replaced with a contemporary playlist. The new song pulsated out a low and intimate beat, whispering a promise of pleasure. Myrnin's pupils dilated, causing shocking heat to rush to my core. Without a word, he walked forward, forcing me backward onto the dance floor.

The lights dropped low. It would be difficult for the humans in the room to see now. Myrnin suddenly spun me around and pulled me harshly into his body, so that I was facing away from him. I shivered as I felt all of the intimate parts of him against my back. His hands slid down my body to grip my hips tightly. He moved our bodies slowly, seductively. I closed my eyes and let the beat pull me into motion, moaning when his hands roamed dangerously along my curves.

"I love that sound," he whispered, tickling my ear with his breath, and then added provocatively, "I wonder what other sounds I can evoke from you."

"Myrnin, people can hear us," I breathlessly reminded him.

"I know," he replied huskily.

From the corner of my vision, I could see Gwion watching us intently. But my attention was urgently refocused on Myrnin, as his hand slid down the front of my dress, gliding over top of the sheer fabric until he reached the center of me. He wasn't compelling me, but I was powerless to tell him no. As he stroked my body through the fabric, I gasped and couldn't stop the mewl of desire that escaped my lips.

"There you go..." he encouraged and turned me to face him. His completely dilated dark liquid gaze kept me locked in place, as he demanded seductively, "Give yourself to me. Right here and right now."

"You can't be serious," I stared at him in with wide eyes. My shock at his words did not stop the searing heat pushing through my veins, at his suggestion.

"Vampires do not view sex the same way humans do. Surely you have started to feel a difference. We are not inhibited or restricted. Let your senses drift and you will realize we would not be alone. I'm ready when you are," he growled low as he guided my hand to his erection.

I had been so focused on him, that I had not paid attention to anyone else in the room. I began to reach out with my senses and understood immediately. I inhaled sharply. There were three other couples already engaged intimately.

As a human, I would have been beet red with embarrassment to know there were six people having some form of sex around me. But I wasn't human, and I found myself completely unaffected and unconcerned with their activity. I focused again intently on Myrnin. My eyes were bright and my chest heaved as desire and excitement rocked through my system. "Yes," I answered breathlessly.

His eyes glittered wickedly, gathering me in his arms to place me on a nearby table, guiding my legs apart, so that he could stand between them. His lips came down to my neck and his tongue followed the lines of my artery. I felt his fangs extend. "Cariad, I am not going to be able to resist from tasting you," he warned - and promised - me low.