Topic 2: Body Modifications In A Relationship

Topic 2: Body Modifications, Being in a relationship or marriage with a person who has had body modifications

Body Modifications: (or body alteration) is the deliberate altering of the human anatomy or human physical appearance. This includes: piercings, plastic surgery, tattoos, liposuction, waist training and so on and so forth.

Question: Would you Date and/or Marry a person with body modifications?

My Answer: It depends. My overall answer is yes for both marriage and dating but it depends. I don't mind dating anyone with body mods mostly the most common ones like piercings, tattoos, waist training or even liposuction but when it comes to plastic surgery i'm not fully there. Like i don't mind if someone got their nose done or breast or double eyelid surgery but when it comes to things like implants for facial features of an animal or most of their body is silicone rather than flesh there's a lot that comes with that in which I do not want to handle. I can't see myself settling down with someone who has changed their body that much. I'm a person who is mostly attracted to authenticity but at the same time i don't really care if you aren't just to a certain extent. So 85% yes I would definitely. I can do the tattoo's, piercings/ body jewelry, hair removal/ hair coloring/ hair cutting,  tongue splitting, fangs (although there might be a problem with that when it comes to kinks... *cough cough* biting *cough*), and lobe stretching but I can't do lip plates, eye ball tattoos, neck rings, heavy implants or subdermal implants. Those are a bit too much for me. The only one i haven't really made up my mind on is scarification. I don't mind it but it scares me a little bit. I don't mind any form of body mod' over all but my thing is if i'm in a relationship with you don't try to get me to do it. If it's not for me it's not for me. 

Question: What about it would make you say yes/no?

My Answer: The thing that would make me say yes is I could almost care less about what your appearance is like weather you are short, tall, fat, skinny, two toned or missing limbs especially if it was how you are born because if i'm looking for a relationship i'm not looking at all that. I'm focused on you, what you are like, what you do. None of that shit bothers me. But I say no because if you decide that you want the snout of a pig the eyes of a goat and the facial and head structure of a komodo dragon i'm not stopping you from doing whatever makes you happy but I can't see myself being with you. Simply because it's not in my ideal or i don't mind it preference areas. That's just not what i'm into. I'm not saying like It's not a possibility that i won't like you because of it but i won't stay with you for a long time because of it and because of that i'd rather not start anything in the first place. On top of that for other people their relationships are sometimes heavily influenced by their family and most people's parents are all ways going to be in that kind of "What the hell is this" kind of state of mind so there's that. 

Question: Does body modifications play a role to something beyond appearance?

My Answer: Of course. It can be a lot of things from emotions to fetishes to mental state. But i wouldn't just jump to those things. Like i wouldn't go 'Oh this person got a breast lift because she can't deal with her insecurities and has no self esteem so she's dull.' and this, this and that to the third because I don't believe that. It's bullshit to me. Everyone has their different reasons for why they do things. Yeah maybe it is because of insecurities or self hatred but i can't just assume that. Some people just like body modifications. Shit I think piercings and tattoos are beautiful. And even if someone was to do it because of insecurities you shouldn't just knock 'em because of it. You should try it out maybe even help them overcome their self problems. Why not? It will build a bond. Yeah it's not like they can go back and reverse everything but why would they need to. People should accept what their life brings because once the damage is done it's done all you can do now is learn and grow from it.

So what do you think?