So, I Love My Best Friend Chapter 22

The news about my break up with Jerry spread like wildfire. By second period everyone knew about it and started to bother me with questions.

It was hard to tell people what happened. I didn’t want to tell them that Jerry proposed to me, so I told them that we got into a fight and we decided to end it.

Before lunch I headed to my locker to switch out the books in my bag. I also wanted a break from everyone else.

When I reached my locker I saw Chauncey leaning against the lockers. I slowed my pace and stared at him.

Could this be the moment I’ve been waiting for?

He looked up at me and gave me a sad smile. Chauncey walked over to me and pulled me into a hug.

I smiled and hugged me back.

I didn’t realize how much I missed him till now.

“I missed you,” Chauncey whispered in my ear.

“I missed you too,” I said as we pulled away from each other.

“How are you?”

“I’ve been better. What about you?” I asked as we walked to my locker slowly.

“Not so good. My best friend won’t talk to me. Look Clarissa, I’m not sure what I feel right now, but when I figure it out, I’ll let you know. But till then, I need you in my life. Who’s going to be there for me when I need them the most? Who am I going to get drunk with?”

I smiled to myself before closing my locker. “Fine, but don’t expect me to wait around for you forever”.

“Sounds fair,” he said putting his arm around me.

I smiled and put my arm around him and headed to the cafeteria.

*******

“Clarissa!” Chauncey sang walking into my room.

“Chauncey!” I sang back to him as I played with my hair.

I deiced that I was going to dress in my sexy clothes, but this time I wasn’t doing it for a guy. I was doing it for myself.

“Damn girl, who’s the lucky guy?” Chauncey asked walking over to me.

“No one,” I said with a little pride in my voice. “I felt a little sexy this morning and I went with it”.

“You look amazing,” he said kissing my cheek.

I smiled and left the bathroom. “Tell me something I don’t know!”

Chauncey laughed as I packed my book bag. “You’re so modest”.

“I try to be,” I said grabbing my things. “Let’s go,” I said heading out the door.

*Chauncey’s Point Of View*

Once at school I wrapped my arm around Clarissa’s waist and we headed to her locker. A group of girls smiled at me flirtatiously as we walked by. I smiled at them and held Clarissa closer to me. A group of guys whistled at her as well. She waved to them as we reached her locker.

I never understood why she always has to use her locker. I only use it to hold my sport stuff and nothing more.

“Hey baby,” David said leaning against the lockers. “Miss me?”

“No!” Clarissa said before pushing him away.

“Ouch!” he said before walking away.

She shook her head. “When will he understand that I don’t like him?”

“When pigs fly,” I said leaning against the other lockers.

I watched Clarissa repack her book bag and found myself checking her out. My eyes lingered over her womanly areas.

“What?” she asked, she must have caught me staring.

“Nothing, just admiring you,” I said smiling.

She laughed. “See anything you like?”

“Well, you have really hot legs…”

Clarissa smiled and walked over to me. “Really?”

“Yes ma’am” I said wrapping my arm around her.

She smiled and we headed to homeroom.

*Clarissa’s Point Of View*

The day was speeding on by, which I enjoyed. I was heading to math class and I was a little nervous. Jerry and I haven’t really spoken since the break up and today we were going to be working with each other.

“Hey,” I said as I sat down.

“You look hot today,” he said without looking at me. “Dress like that and you won’t be single for long”.

I smiled. “Thanks, I guess”.

“Would it be a bad idea if I came over tonight?” he asked.

“I think it would,” I said remembering what happens when he comes over.

“I’ll be there around seven” he said as our teacher walked into class.