15. Hoping in Fixing Things?

Courtney's POV

For the past two months, Shayne has been avoiding me and it makes me upset. I don't know why he would suddenly ignore me. Whenever I try to talk to him, he would just excuse himself and leave. This breaks my heart that he isn't the same person that I used to be around with. This also makes me angry and frustrated, that he is pushing me away from him even though I did nothing to him.

I need to know what's wrong.

When we arrived at the beach house, we all started going to our assigned rooms and started unpacking. I was in a room with the girls obviously. I was supposed to be unpacking my things, but all I did was trying to come up with an idea of how to know why is Shayne ignoring.

"Hey Court! You alright?" Olivia sat next to me. I didn't realize that it has been like an hour and the others left.

"Do you know why Shayne has been avoiding me?" I just blurted out. I'm really hoping that she knows so it would be easier for me to talk to him.

"um... no... nope!" she was really hesitating in saying her answer.

I had enough of this. I stormed out of my room and went to where the boys were hanging out. I spotted Shayne and grabbed his hand and pulled him outside.

I let go of his hand and just looked at him with an angry expression. He looked at me, confused.

"WHY HAVE YOU BEEN AVOIDING ME?" I shouted at him.

I have so much anger build up in me that I just needed to just let it out.

"It's nothing..."

"It's definitely not 'nothing'! Something is wrong. Why won't you just tell me. Why are you ignoring me?!"

"I can't tell! okay?" he snapped at me. I was shocked. He never did that to anyone. "Just leave me alone!"

"Is that what friends are for? Shayne, I care about you and I wanted to help y..."

"Stop Courtney! Stop! I want to figure this out on my own." I felt tears starting to fall to my cheeks. "Sometimes, you are just too clingy and I need my own space to fix my problems! Is that too much to ask for?"

I was really hurt from what he said. I didn't comment on his last point and just turned and ran away from him. As I turned, I saw that all of the crew was watching our argument. I pushed them aside and rushed to my room. I started crying and I heard someone's footstep. I immediately wiped the tears from my face and quickly stood up, waiting for that person to come. It turned out to be Olivia's footstep.

"Court! I'm sorry! I'm sure that he didn't mean what he said." she hugged me and started comforting me.

"I just don't get it. Why does he want me away from him? What did I do?" I started crying again. I couldn't stopped myself from crying.

"It's because he is jealous of you and Alex. He has been since you started dating..." her eyes were wide open "and you still hadn't told anyone that you two broke up." she realized. I cried even more and she led me to her bed to seat down.

"Are you suggesting... that he has feelings... for me?"

"Why do you think that he has been avoiding you? He obviously loves you but because of the rules, he can't do anything except be frustrated and pushing you away from him."

"I can't take anymore, Liv! Him ignoring me all the time!"

"Oh Court! I'm really really sorry!" she pulled me into a hug. I rested my head on her shoulder.

I can't do this anymore. Knowing that I won't be with him and he is just pushing me away. I can't be happy, knowing that I can't be with the person, who I love. Maybe I should just leave Smosh...

I felt Olivia, pulling away with a worried expression on her face.

"You want to what?" she yelled.

I didn't realize that I was thinking out loud.

"What choice do I have?" I shouted.

"Are you insane? You love working here..."

"I used to until all of these came. After the Summer Games, I will resign from
Smosh and that's final!"

"Courtney! Are you even listening to yourself right now? Please! Just think it over..."

I honestly don't know what to do. I really want to stay here, but I can't just pretend every single day that nothings wrong. I hope I am making the right decision.

Author's Note:

Sorry for this chapter. I felt really horrible having to write this, but there has to be some sort of drama right?

Anyway, thank you for the people who read my story. I'm really happy that this has reached 1K, which is something that I never thought would happen. ❤