xlii || house of endings

Start from the beginning

Joy paused for a moment to think. She then took the lock off of Jerome and inputted the digits '5772', the same digits that opened the lock in the chasm. She then pulled down on the padlock and it opened.

Jerome's jaw fell, "How did you-? What's the code?"

"5772. It's the first 4 decimal points of Euler's Constant," she smiled, enjoying the power of being correct and leaving Jerome shocked.

"Wow... well... okay," Jerome nodded, "Uh, should we look inside then?"

Joy laughed a little at Jerome, before responding, "Yeah," she then opened the cabinet to reveal both the Ankh Cross piece that he had sitting there.

"Well that was... easier than expected."

"Thanks to me and my great knowledge of combinations," Joy chuckled.

"Okay, why don't you quit the gloating act and let Fabian know we have it," Jerome suggested, raising his eyebrows.

****

Fabian and Eddie both ran into Jerome's bedroom upon getting back to the house. In the room, both Joy and Jerome were sitting there, chatting.

"Where are they?" Fabian asked, referring to the Ankh Cross pieces.

"Under Jerome's bed," Joy told him, "They are safe."

"Good," Fabian nodded, "We think we know where the final one might be. We will get it first thing in the morning."

****

Vincent walked into his office, after arriving back at the house late last night. He found nothing when scouting the school grounds.

Upon walking into his office, he walked over to his cabinet, where he was keeping the Ankh Cross pieces hidden.

"No! NO!" he yelled, after seeing the pieces were missing.

****

In the morning, after breakfast, Sibuna travelled down the chasm with the three pieces of Ankh Cross they had.

"You said you knew where the final piece was," Joy stated.

Fabian nodded. He then walked over to the cross engraving and analysed it. He dropped his eye contact down to below it, following what the piece of paper said. He then noticed a small rectangular engraving.

Slowly, he walked towards it and pulled on it, revealing a small, stone draw. Inside this draw sat the final Ankh Cross piece.

Sibuna now had all four pieces.

"Let's do this," Eddie stated.

Fabian nodded, he then placed all four of the pieces into the engraving, then stood back.

All four of them had their eyes glued to the cross, as they stood there waiting.

A few seconds later, the wall shifted to the left, opening and revealing a new room. All that was in this room was a stone pedestal. On this pedestal sat the ring. Victor's ring. The ring containing the tears of gold.

Immediately, Fabian walked up to it and grasped hold of it. All four of them then turned around to leave. They stopped, faced with Nina.

"Nina?" Fabian asked.

"Fabian," Nina smiled warmly, "I don't know how I got back to Anubis House, but I saw Victor, except Mara called him Vincent... that was a little odd. Anyway, I came down to the tunnels for memories. Then, I heard your voice."

Fabian's hands began to shake, "You're... you're back?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "Sorry I didn't come back last year."