iv || house of fire

"Okay," Said Patricia opening their door, and walking in, letting Fabian and Eddie in after her. "So we are not entirely sure, but we think we have something that could be related to... Sibuna."

"I told you we should be safe, Fabian!" Eddie said to Fabian immediately, "I was right to ask the biology teacher about that!"

"Oh, because I really think that there in another man in a tank," Fabian rolled his eyes.

"You never know, what I did could have been helpful," Argued Eddie.

"Along with stupid," Fabian added, muttering under his breath.

"Hey, you can never be too safe!" Stated Eddie, hearing what Fabian said.

"Guys!" Mara shouted, to break up to their arguing.

"Oh, right," Murmured Eddie apologetically, turning to face Mara.

"So what is all this then?" Fabian asked.

"The package I got yesterday," Mara began, "It had this in it," She then showed the watch and paper.

"Well this, um... Brings back... Memories" Eddie stuttered.

"Yeah," Fabian murmured, agreeing.

"So, you guys in?" Patricia asked.

"Yeah," Fabian nodded.

"I... I don't know," Eddie replied unsurely and sorrowfully.

"Come on, Eddie," Mara pleaded, "We could do with your help."

"If he doesn't want to help, his choice," Stated Patricia quickly, "Bye, Eddie!"

"Patricia!" Mara said sternly, "No Eddie, please stay and help."

"Ugh..." Patricia rolled her eyes.

"You're going to have to count me out of this one," Eddie said, before leaving the room, and slowly closing the door behind him.

"Well done," Mara spoke sarcastically, looking to Patricia.

"His choice," Patricia stated, side smiling.

****

"Okay," Said Lavender on the phone

There was then some muttering from the other end before Lavender said "I'll see you soon," and then hung up.

"Hi," Eddie spoke, sitting down on the sofa opposite Lavender, "By the way thanks for asking if I was okay the other day" He smiled gratefully

"That's okay," She smiled, "So, um... How are you?"

"Alright," Eddie nodded unsurely.

"Only alright?" She questioned, trying to continue the conversation to the best of her ability.

"Just things on my mind," Eddie replied.

"Patricia?" She asked, curious.

"Nah, not really," Eddie answered as blankly as possible, he didn't want to reveal anything about Sibuna to Lavender.

"Ahh, err... Anything I can help with?" She asked, wanting to know what was going on.

"I don't think so," Eddie murmured.

"Oh, okay, well I hope that you sort it out."

"Thanks," Eddie muttered.

****

"So who are these from?" Fabian questioned, tossing the watch between his hands.

"No idea, maybe if we work out what these hieroglyphics mean, it will give us some kind of idea," Mara suggested.