xxiii || house of lizards

"Jane, the watch has been stolen!" Miss Chase spoke into her phone in a panicked voice in the morning.

The was some muffling on the end of the line, before Miss Chase answered, "Yes, okay, I will see you then."

****

"Morning, Fleur," Mara spoke, walking into the kitchen to see Fleur serving up breakfast.

"Good morning, Mara," Fleur smiled.

"My parents want to take me out today," Mara lied.

"Okay, do I have any sort of note or message from them saying so?" Fleur asked, before walking over to the table and placing some croissants down.

"Um... Well, no," Mara spoke awkwardly and hesitantly, "But I don't think they had the time."

"Okay then... Well just sign the leaving book please," Fleur told her.

"Alright," Mara smiled, before walking into the hall and writing her name down with the reason she was leaving.

****

"Mara," Fabian spoke, stopping Mara when she was about to exit the house.

"Hey, Fabian," Mara smiled, swinging her body round.

"Do you need any company?" Fabian asked.

"Sure," Mara smiled, "You may want to sign the book."

"Yeah," Fabian mumbled, before walking over to the phone table and signing the leaving book.

****

Mrs. Miller walked up to the gate house door, then knocked gently with her knuckles.

"It's been taken, JUST TAKEN!" Miss Chase shouted, once she had opened her door and seeing Mrs. Miller.

"It can't have been taken," Mrs. Miller spoke, walking in and throwing her bag onto the floor in an angry manner.

"Well it isn't here," Miss Chase spoke, walking further into the house.

"It can't have just vanished," Mrs. Miller grunted, following Miss Chase through.

"Of course it didn't vanish, someone has taken it, probably that arrogant boy I confiscated it from."

"Which boy?" Mrs. Miller queried.

"Fabian Rutter," Miss Chase hissed.

****

"Okay," Lavender spoke, walking into Nina's room, "I have drawn out a map," She then sat on Nina's bed and unrolled the map she had in her hands.

"Map for what?" Nina asked, looking down at the map that was just placed down on her bed.

"Map of the house," Lavender told her, "We need to pin point where the lizard may and may not be."

"Well it can't have left the cellar," Nina spoke, pointing to the cellar on the map.

"But we have searched the whole of the cellar," Lavender moaned, laying back slightly.

"Maybe its time to tell Vincent," Nina suggested, mumbling slightly.

"We can't," Lavender stated, "I promised to take care of the lizard until we need it for the elixir."

"But we can't make the elixir with out the lizard's blood, for which we need the lizard," Nina spoke logically.

"I'm determined to find it," Lavender told her, "For which I will most probably need your help."

"Okay, where should we search?" Nina asked, looking over the map.