xxxii || house of excuses

"No," Mara stated, as she walked around the house, Patricia and Joy followed her.

"Mara!" Joy grabbed her arm. Mara just shook her off. "We want to help you."

Mara stopped walking away from them. Took a deep breath, then swung her body round to face them, "I don't need your help."

"So you know exactly what's happening tomorrow, then?" Patricia questioned, already having a good idea of the answer.

"Well, no. N- Not exactly," Mara stammered.

"And that means not at all," Joy laughed.

Mara turned her body back round, "If you're going to laugh-"

"No. Sorry," Joy quickly followed up.

"Sure..."

"Mara! Can you please listen to us!" Patricia shouted, "We are trying to help you! There's no way you can solve this alone. Fabian is probably your best shot at getting to the answer."

Mara swung her body back round, she looked annoyed, "I don't want Fabian's help!" She hissed sternly.

Patricia and Joy both shared a look, before Patricia spoke, "Fine, you can't accept the fact that Fabian broke up with you, then none of us will help."

"Patricia!" Joy hissed, "That's what she wants."

"Guys, stop!" Mara rose her tone, "There's a reason that I don't want help. Not that I'm being selfish, or whatever," She looked to Patricia, "The reason is that I don't want help, is because I didn't want you to find out that... The watch is missing."

"Missing!" Patricia and Joy both exclaimed at the same time. "We need to tell Fabian and Eddie," Joy then added, rushing down the stairs. Patricia followed.

Mara chased after then, "That's why I didn't tell you sooner!" She yelled, "I knew you'd tell Fabian!"

Joy and Patricia both chose to ignore Mara. Joy then flung open Fabian and Eddie's door. She was so focused on getting into the room, that she didn't see Jerome right the other side of the door. She stumbled a little, but Jerome caught her and steadied her.

Joy immediately took a few steps away from Jerome, after it happened. "Uh..." She muttered, "Sorry, I didn't know you'd be in here."

"It's fine," Jerome stated, "I was just leaving, anyway."

Joy closed her eyes for a few seconds, before nodding, then stepping aside, so that Jerome could get out.

"Why was Jerome in here?" She asked, walking in and sitting on Fabian's bed. Both Patricia, then Mara followed her, but remain stood up.

"History notes," Fabian told her, holding up history work. Joy just nodded.

"Anyway," Patricia stepped in, "Mara needs to tell you something," She looked to Mara. So did the others.

"Uh..." Mara stuttered, "You know how the 12th is tomor-" Mara stopped, before cutting herself off, "Okay, that can wait. This needs to come first. I'm sorry, guys. Sorry for being selfish-" She looked to Patricia, like she did last time.

"Hey!" Patricia cut her off, "Even though you're apologising, I know you're still mad at me. So apologise when y-"

"Yacker!" Eddie stated sternly. Patricia just held her hands up and retreated, giving Mara a penitent look.

Mara just nodded, "Um, yeah, so, I'm sorry for the past few days. Now for the bad news: The watch is missing."

Fabian immediately stood up, after hearing this news, "How? When? By who?" Mara just shrugged.