xxxviii || house of books

Joy, Patricia, Fabian and Eddie were all dispersed around the house which they were locked in. They'd all already check for ways out, but were looking again, because what else could they really do?

"Anyone know the time?" Joy asked, walking out of the kitchen and into the hallway.

Fabian, who was in the bedroom, searching through items in the bedside cabinet, pulled his phone out of his pocket and looked at the time, before responding, "12:23."

"Can we please break a window?" Patricia requested, taking a break from searching through cupboards in the dining room, "It's not like we're getting out any other way."

"Vandalism, Patricia," Fabian stated, "We're not committing a crime."

Patricia huffed, as she walked into the hall, joining Joy, "That stupid old woman lock us in here, surely she's the one committing the crime."

"Breaking a window is still a crime, no matter what the situation is. There are only a few exceptions."

While Joy, Patricia and Fabian were arguing and searching the house, Eddie sat in the living room looking over the riddles in which they'd found yesterday. He still didn't know what any of them meant.

"Anything?" Patricia asked, taking a seat on the surface of the kitchen, beside where the piece of paper that contained the riddles sat. Eddie leant against the worktop and looked down at the piece of paper.

Eddie huffed and shook his head, "I can't make sense of these."

"Well, that is the point of a riddle," Patricia lightly chuckled.

"Happy? Sad? Experience both here," Eddie quotes part of one of the riddles, "Happy and sad. What is known for being happy and sad?"

Patricia paused for a moment to think, "Uh... practically every person in the world."

"I don't think we can check every person in the world for a piece of the Ankh Cross," Eddie laughed.

Fabian and Joy both walked into the kitchen, joining both Patricia and Eddie, "Let's just look for a sad person standing beside a happy person," Fabian laughed, putting on a sad face. Joy acknowledged Fabian's put on sad face, so put on a happy.

"The drama masks," Patricia muttered under her breath, "Joy, Fabian, you are both stupid but wonderful at the same time."

"Uh, thanks... I guess," Fabian mumbled.

"The happy and sad drama masks," Patricia stated, "Experience both on the drama stage... maybe?"

Eddie waved his finger up and down in the air, "That actually makes sense."

"One down then?" Joy asked as she leant against the fridge.

"Let's pencil it in," Fabian stated.

****

Vincent frantically looked through all of the books in the Frobisher Library. He was following the riddle 'Seek my base? You know where to look, all the answers are in a book.'

"Nothing, nothing, nothing!" he shouted in fury, as he chucked another useless book to the floor.

A pile of books began to build up on the floor. He'd been there for almost 2 hours searching and had found nothing.

"How's everything going on here?" A voice sounded from behind Vincent.

Vincent turned around to see Mrs. Miller, "I cannot find anything," he grumbled, "Did the students believe your disguise?"

Mrs. Miller nodded devilishly, "They brought it."

"Good, that ought to buy us time. Hopefully, their attention will be diverted to finding out what the blood means."