xxiv || house of ropes

"Vincent?" Nina knocked on the door, Lavender stood next to her. They were both nervous and scared, because they were just about to confess to Vincent about losing the lizard.

"ENTER!" Vincent boomed, placing some papers, he was holding, down on the table.

"Um... Vincent," Lavender muttered, as her and Nina walked into his office, shutting the door behind them.

"What have you done?" Vincent growled, rising from his seat, knowing that something wasn't right with Nina and Lavender.

"The lizard... It... It wasn't my fault... I just... It just," Lavender stuttered, she didn't know what words to use to tell Vincent.

"Spit it out," Vincent hissed, rising out of his seat and towering over her.

"We've lost the lizard," Lavender mumbled in confession.

"YOU HAVE WHAT!?" Vincent shouted angrily.

"I went to check on it the other day and it had just vanished," Lavender explained briefly.

"Well you better fine it, or it will be the end of your days," Vincent spoke in a quiet and mysterious voice, glaring at both Lavender and Nina.

"Yes, Vincent," They both nodded.

They then quickly left Vincent's office, and immediately headed downstairs to the breakfast table.

****

Everyone sat down at the table eating their dinner. They were all chatting in groups; Nina and Lavender. Joy, Patricia and Mara. Jerome, Fabian, Eddie and Charlie.

****

"I don't think there's much else to do really," Joy spoke, "It'll probably be completed in a day or two."

Joy and Patricia were both talking about the house that they were decorating. Mara was mostly listening to their conversation, but also spoke sometimes.

"That's good," Patricia smiled. She was still curious about the room, but knew that she would eventually find out.

"Hey, Patricia," Mara spoke, interrupting Joy and Patricia's conversation, "I had an idea for something, can you meet me in my room in a few minutes?" She asked, before standing and and taking her plate to the sink.

"Sure," Patricia nodded.

"Idea for what?" Joy asked curiously.

"Just a good outfit idea," Mara lied on the spot.

"Okay..." Joy spoke, unsure of whether Mara was telling the truth or not. She couldn't see Mara giving Patricia an outfit idea.

****

One by one, people cleared out of the dining room. Mara went to her room. Patricia, Fabian and Charlie went to join her to see what her idea was. Jerome headed to the house, he was decorating with Joy and Patricia, to finish off a few things. Lavender and Nina crept out of the house to look for the lizard without anyone seeing them, they didn't want to raise any unwanted questions, and Joy was about to leave and join Jerome, when-

"Hey, Joy?" Eddie spoke, stopping Joy from leaving the dining room, "Can I have a word?"

"Sure," Joy smiled, swinging her body round and walking over to Eddie.

"When you've been decorating, has Patricia said anything about me?" Eddie asked, lightly leaning on the table.

"No," Joy shook her head simply.