xxii || house of decorating

"So what now?" Charlie whispered, as all of Sibuna stood behind a tree, looking at Vincent, who was lurking outside of the Sepulchre.

"Wait for him to leave?" Fabian suggested.

"And when will that be?" Patricia hissed.

"Hopefully in a minute," Fabian muttered.

Vincent stood there, outside the Sepulchre, analysing each and every brick as if he was looking for something specific on the outside of the structure.

"Some things tells me that he isn't leaving anytime soon," Eddie whispered.

"Let's just leave now then," Mara stated, "Try and sneak away without him seeing us."

"What if he gets the Platinum Shards?" Fabian questioned, "We won't know whether to come back to look for them or not."

"So we what? We wait him out? What if he stays here for hours?" Patricia shot out questions.

"It's getting really late, he can't stay here for much longer," Charlie stated.

"Oh, I bet he can," Eddie quietly laughed.

"Okay, some of us should go back to the house, cover for the others," Mara said.

"Alright, Me and Eddie will stay here, Mara, Patricia and Charlie, you guys go back to the house," Fabian instructed.

"Okay," Everyone nodded, before Mara, Patricia and Charlie all began to walk off.

"Ahh!" Mara screamed, as she tripped over a tree root.

"Mara!" Everyone hissed, turning round to face her.

"WHO'S THERE?" Vincent suddenly boomed, swinging his body around.

"Shh," Eddie whispered.

"He is obviously going to find us, we aren't exactly hidden," Patricia stated, in a whisper.

"Run?" Fabian suggested.

"Hello? Who is it?" Vincent questioned, he then walked to where he heard the sound, there he saw- "Fabian Rutter! Edison Miller! Patricia Williamson! Mara Jaffray! Charlie Bennett! What are you doing here?"

"Late night stroll?" Eddie suggested.

"GET BACK TO THE HOUSE! ALL OF YOU!" He shouted.

****

"Okay, I say we give the Sepulchre thing a rest, and tomorrow we go and get the watch back off Miss Chase," Fabian suggested in a whisper, once they were all back in the house.

"Okay," They all nodded.

"Think it goes without saying," Vincent spoke, after shutting and locking the door to Anubis house, "That you are all going to be punished. Here," He said, handing out toothbrushes to each of them.

"You and your brother share the same punishment, I see," Eddie mumbled.

"What was that, Boy?!"

"Nothing," Eddie dismissed bluntly, before everyone split off to their bedrooms.

****

"Jerome?" Joy questioned, knocking on Jerome's bedroom door in the morning

"Joy, hi" Jerome smiled, after opening the door, "Ready to start decorating then?"

"Yeah," Joy smiled, "I'll go and get Patricia."

"Okay," Jerome nodded, "Meet you by the door, then we can all walk over."

****

"Hey, Patricia?" Joy questioned, walking into the room that she now shared with Patricia and Mara.