epilogue

jubilant giggles filled the air as the little girl played with the magenta bows that were tied around her blonde pigtails. her father smoothed out the crinkled ruffles of her dress and helped her velcro her light up sketchers on, smiling as he observed his daughter.

"you ready to go, rylee?" tyler asked, eyes bright as he watched the girl nod excitedly.

"where we goin'?" she asked, walking alongside the brunette.

"we're visiting daddy at work." (i hate that i have to say this, but please do not make any sexual references. it's not appropriate and i won't tolerate it in this circumstance. thank you.) tyler laughed as rylee was bolting out of the door, scrambling into her car seat and struggling a bit to buckle it up. he went to help her but she held a triumphant grin, telling him that she had already done it on her own.

"daddy's gon' be so s'prised! can't wait t' see his face when he sees us," rylee said, looking out the window and watching the world pass by her as they drove. it wasn't a far drive, maybe ten minutes or so, and they were there in no time.

pulling into the familiar parking lot always made tyler feel so nostalgic, memories of his sixteenth birthday party where he met his husband, and all of the ups and downs they faced in their relationship. it had been six years since he had first met josh; tyler was now twenty two, josh being twenty seven. it had been three years since their marriage, and a little over a year since they adopted rylee. she was five now, and she was josh and tyler's everything.

rylee never failed to brighten their day with her optimistic outlook on life and her constant energy. the moment they met her they knew she would be the one. the adoption process was long and grueling, but the moment they signed their signature and officially made rylee their own daughter made the whole thing worth it.

the blonde girl was out of the car in record speed, giddily jumping up and down as she grasped her dad's hand and cautiously looked both ways before tugging him across the parking lot and to the main entrance of chuck e. cheese. tyler pushed the door open and rylee was quick to drop his hand as she spotted the dark brown tufts of hair that belonged to her other father.

"daddy!" she exclaimed and ran full speed towards josh, wrapping her stubby arms and legs around his leg as she held onto him like a koala.

"ry! what are you doing here, my princess?" josh chuckled. his eyes landed on tyler and he approached the younger man, hobbling as he tried to walk as best as possible with a small child latched onto your leg. he pressed a short kiss on his husband's lips. "both of my princesses are here! i'm a lucky guy, huh?"

"cooties!" rylee squealed and josh reached down to mess up her perfectly styled hair.

"i figured we would come visit you today. we both missed you." tyler observed as josh reached down and scooped their daughter into his arms, resting her against his side, using one arm to prop her up.

"i'm glad you did, i'm not sure if i could've gone any longer without seeing both of your pretty faces. dallon has been a real piece of work today and i was beginning to go crazy."

rylee giggled loudly, covering her mouth with her hands as she tried to stifle her laughter. dallon was standing right behind them and the tall male feigned a face of hurt, and she found it so amusing.

"that wasn't very nice." dallon pouted and josh turned around to face his friend.

"daddy, be nice t' dal pal." rylee grumbled, eyes narrowing in a glare at her dad.

"rylee! what's up, girly?" dallon asked, receiving a shrug in response.

"the sky." she was so proud of herself for making the joke.

"that was a good one, i'm gonna have to use that. i gotta get back to work though, bestie. i'll see you later, alright? bye!" dallon began to walk away and she waved rapidly at him, her attention span not lasting very long as she was back to focusing on her dads.

"let me down s' i can go play some games." she squirmed in josh's arms and he did as told, carefully placing her on the ground. she ran away towards the arcade, leaving the two lovers alone.

josh took the moment to appreciate tyler's beauty, despite the multitude of times he had done it before. tyler never ceased to amaze him and every time he looked at him he fell more and more in love. it was cheesy but true. he was still feminine and nothing much had changed. he was the same person josh fell in love with six years prior.

"she's somethin' else," tyler said as he watched rylee play a round of skee ball. josh hummed in agreement, appreciative of everything in his life.

he had a beautiful husband who he was madly in love with, a gorgeous daughter who brightened his life, and he wouldn't change anything.

despite everything he had gone through with tyler, their relationship was stronger than ever and he couldn't see it ending anytime soon (or at all, if he's being honest).

things were working in his favor.

josh, tyler, and rylee dun.

•••
a/n

i missed writing this story and i had the urge to write an epilogue.

if you have any questions about anything in the book that i never covered or touched upon feel free to ask!! i'll answer all that i possibly can.

one last time, thank you and i love you all.
-carina