puppy love

"joshy look at that dog! it's so cute!" tyler squeaked out and josh chuckled at how excited he was getting. they were currently walking through a pet store that they noticed while driving around, looking at every single animal they had.

"not as cute as you" josh objected and tyler giggled, partially at the compliment and partially at the small puppy in the pen in front of him.

"can we get one?" tyler pouted, bending over so he could pet the tiny corgi puppy that waddled up to him. it licked all over his hands, jumping up against the glass in attempt to get closer to tyler.

"we can't get one but we can say we are so we can play with one, how does that sound?" josh suggested and tyler nodded eagerly.
"which one should we ask to play with?"

tyler furrowed his eyebrows in concentration, trying to choose which dog he liked the best. a large gasp escaped his lips as he pointed to a havanese puppy that lay sleeping in the corner of the pen.
"that one!"

josh chuckled and got the attention of an employee, telling them that him and his friend were looking to adopt a dog and that they wanted to meet the havanese. the worker checked josh's i.d. to confirm that he was over 18, walking into the pen to get the dog. tyler and josh followed them into the designated play room and sat on the floor as the puppy was placed in tyler's lap. the worker gave them one last smile before leaving the room, saying that they could take as much time as needed to get to know the puppy.

"joshy, look at it!" tyler beamed as he let the puppy climb all over his lap.

"i think it's a boy" josh informed and tyler just shrugged, sighing in content.
"what would you name him?"

"mickey" tyler chirped without even having to think about it.

"yeah, i can see that. he looks like a mickey" josh approved, watching as mickey stumbled out of tyler's lap and into his own, jumping up to leave kisses on his face.

"he likes you too!" tyler giggled as josh scrunched his face up, trying to back away.

"okay, that's enough" he laughed and handed mickey back to tyler. the younger boy rocked the fluffy dog in his arms as he hummed a lullaby. soon enough the puppy was asleep in tyler's embrace, resting his head on tyler's chest.

"joshy look! he's asleep! oh my goodness take a picture" tyler whispered so he wouldn't disturb the sleeping dog.

"okay babe, stay still for a few seconds."

as soon as the shutter noise went off tyler was begging to see the picture. josh turned his screen around and tyler gasped at the image, cooing at the small puppy he was holding.

in that moment neither of them cared that they would eventually need to say goodbye because they were too happy to focus on anything else.

•••
a/n

this chapter was really short but i love this song and it made me come up with the idea for this chapter soz

mickey is actually my dog (he was sleeping in my lap when i wrote this so i was like hey why not) and this is him,,, he's my literal sunshine and i love him to pieces :')) these pictures are from three years ago when he was still a lil baby awawaw

how are you guys doing? i hope you all are good and don't be afraid to talk to me if you ever need someone!!
-carina (and the diamonds hA)