roger rabit

once they had finished dinner tyler and josh made their way up to the younger boy's room. the door was shut behind them by tyler as they entered the room, both sitting across from each other on the carpeted floor.

"what should we do?" josh asked, his eyes raking over tyler's small body. he was wearing a pair of black leggings with a white t-shirt that was tied in a knot at the front, revealing a bit of the tan skin of his torso.

"can we kiss?" tyler suggested, his voice soft and airy.

"your parents are home, that's not a good idea," josh sighed as he leaned forward and laced his fingers together with tyler's.

"you've been acting weird all night, what's wrong joshy?"

"nothing's wrong, i'm fine," josh persisted, sending a smile in tyler's direction.

"don't lie to me, it's not gonna work," tyler pushed and raised his eyebrows at josh in an expectant manner.

"i've just been thinking, that's all," josh spoke, his words not fully a lie. he had been thinking, that was true, but he was thinking about what brendon had said. he never really told tyler his feelings, but even he didn't know what his feeling were! sure, tyler was cute and they had a connection but he was 16 and josh was 21; whatever was going on between them was not okay.

"are you even listening to me?"

"what?" josh snapped out of his thoughts and stared at tyler who let out a loud huff.

"i said if you want to talk about it i would be happy to listen," tyler crawled up to josh and placed a light kiss on his cheek, sitting back on his heels and grinning at him.

"just c'mere," josh spoke, holding his arms open for tyler to sit in his lap. once the younger boy was settled they cuddled into each other, a comfortable silence filling the air. josh pulled back and tilted tyler's chin up, connecting their lips together in a soft kiss.

"i thought you said no kissing," tyler giggled, leaning forward and repeating the action.

"can't say no to you," josh whispered against tyler's lips, featherlight kisses being shared between the two.

"can i ask something?" tyler asked, his voice timid and shy.

"of course babe, what's wrong?"

"nothing! i'm just confused," he huffed and crossed his arms over his chest. "why did brendon say that you were just trying to have sex with me? what did he mean by that?"

josh sighed and tried to pick the right words to say, not wanting tyler to take anything the wrong way.

"it's probably because i'm so much older than you," josh shrugged and tyler furrowed his eyebrows, partly in anger and party in worry.

"so you think i'm too young?" his voice quivered as he spoke, tears brimming im his eyes.

"shh no, of course not baby," josh comforted and rubbed his hand on tyler's back in a soothing manner. "other people think it's wrong though, since this is illegal and stuff."

"but i really like you joshy!"

"i know babe, i know," josh exhaled, his mind filling with guilt as he couldn't get himself to say that he liked tyler back.