where the skies are blue

"so you're all good now?"

"kind of," josh sighed, grabbing a marshmallow gun for a little girl on the opposite side of the prize counter.

"what's that supposed to mean, man?" dallon chuckled as he counted the tickets for another customer and listened for what they wanted.

"everything between us is fine, but his mom doesn't want me talking to him."

"that sucks."

josh nodded in agreement and watched as dallon finished up helping the last kid in line, rolling his eyes as the kid ran away screaming at his mom.

"i'm never having kids," dallon groaned, facing josh as they were finally left alone.

"i just really miss tyler, y'know? he hasn't even tried to text me. i wonder if he's-"

"joshy!"

josh's head shot up at the familiar nickname, a bright smile on his face as the boy he had been talking about came running up to him. josh stepped over the counter and kneeled down to engulf tyler into a tight hug, their bodies pressed together. he placed a multitude of kisses onto the brunette's face, giggles escaping his mouth at the feeling he missed oh, so much.

"i missed you so much, baby boy," josh whispered, leaning forward to kiss the younger boy on the lips. it was short and sweet, but much needed.

"i missed you too joshy," tyler mumbled against his lips, their hot breaths mixed together as they locked eyes and didn't bother to pull apart. "mommy said i couldn't talk to you but mel let me come see you."

josh looked up to see melanie conversing with dallon, allowing the two to have privacy as they took in each other's presence with happiness.

"i'm so glad you came, babe. i was going crazy without seeing my beautiful baby boy."

tyler giggled and nodded, burying his face into josh's neck. they stayed like that, a comforting silence surrounding them as they ignored the rest of the world. all that mattered was being with each other.

"i'm going to see if i can take off work tonight. we can go on a date, how does that sound?"

tyler lit up at that, letting go of the older male as he watched him retreat to the back room. tyler walked up to melanie and dallon, tugging at the girl's sleeve to get her attention.

"he's taking me on a date," tyler exclaimed and his cheeks burned bright pink. he bounced up and down with excitement at the thought.

"that's great, ty, i'm happy for you! i'll make sure that your mom doesn't find out," melanie said, her eyes showing fondness for her best friend as she watched him beam with eagerness.

josh exited the back room, no longer in his uniform. he had a large grin on his face and he held his hand out for tyler to take as he approached him.

"ready?" josh asked. tyler waved goodbye to melanie and dallon as him and josh walked hand in hand out of the building and to the car.

"where are we going?"

"somewhere very special."