XIV. Timeskip

Five years later ;
Tokyo Memorial ;

“Nagisa, please calm down now. You know Karma would hate to see you cry,” Rio tried to console, rubbing her fingers on the bluenetteʼs back soothingly.

“B-But, itʼs the least I could do. If only we werenʼt too late.”

Nagisa glanced at the four year old children approaching her. The first boy having blue hair and mercury eyes was trying to comfort the second kid despite his tears. The latter breathed deeply, before embracing the azure haired woman.

“Auntie...” the bluenette couldn't help but tear up once more. “Where is mommy now?”

A large hand was placed on the boy with the lilac hairʼs head, while its ownerʼs eyes were locked on the coffin in front of them. Adorned with her favorite flowers, carnations, and a small frame with her cherished family.

Here lies:
Euphoria-Asano Tenshi

A friend. A family. A lover.
Du wirst immer daran erinnert werden.

“Somewhere wonderful, Hiro.” Gakushuu said painfully, a stray tear falling from his eyes.

After almost a lifetime of fighting against her illness, Tenshi, Gakushuuʼs wife finally surrendered and died leaving him and their four year old son, Hiro.

“Iʼm sorry,” Nagisa muttered, her head hung low. “We should have searched faster. Now, it felt like we hoarded her remaining time away.”

Gakushuu shook his head. “Your timing was perfect. Akaba—err—Karma and I talked about this and how that it wasnʼt your fault. Iʼm grateful I asked for your help to find Tenshi, but from now on, I must do some things on my own.”

“Are you sure about this? What about Hiro?” Karma entered, approaching them with Nakaru, their own son.

“I am. And I think itʼs about time I pay attention to my son more.” He lifted Hiro and let him lean on his shoulder as he fell asleep. “By next year, once we open our 35th branch in the states, we might stay there for a while.”

“And Tenshiʼs family is alright with this?” Nagisa asked.

“We planned to build a house in their hometown, so theyʼll be able to keep watch. After all, I canʼt let Hiro forget the fewest memories he had with his mother.”

Karma flashed a small smile. “Thatʼs good. We wish you the best luck, Asa—err—Gakushuu.”

“I canʼt thank you guys enough. So, see you around?”

“Yeah.”

Meanwhile, Nakaru, who watched as his best friendʼs father walk away from them, tugged his motherʼs sweater to catch her attention and asked,

“Mama, Papa, where is Uncle Shuu taking Hiro?

“Somewhere your Aunt Tenshi loved to be, Naru.”

Confused, still he held his parentsʼ hands and let him lead the way. Something told him to regret never saying goodbye to his best friend, but never fear for they will see each other again.

—・—

Good day, and welcome to Melancho— Ah, Karma-kun!” Shin, co-owner and sometimes VIP server of the café, greeted with her usual lopsided grin. “Come quickly! The others are waiting for you!”

She glanced at the little azure haired boy who looked at the café with wonder and confusion, then smiled. “Are you Nakaru-kun? Karma-kun and Nagi-chanʼs little boy?”

Nakaru pouted. “Iʼm not little! Iʼll be a big boy too once mama and papa give me a baby bro or sis!”

“Oops, my bad.” Shin giggled. “Wanna check out our playground? Iʼm pretty sure your friends are there right now. And who knows, you might find a baby sister while your at it.”

“Really?!” the boyʼs eyes shined with delight. “Letʼs go, onee-sama!”

“Accompany the kids for a while, will you Shin?”

“'Mmkay!”

–・–

F L A S H B A C K

A flash of light blinded Nagisa as she regained consciousness after a week of being comatosed. She heard murmurs and deafening noises that she failed to comprehend. But, even after she tried to find the kind of familiarity she was looking for, she couldnʼt hear it.

“... -chan? Nai-chan, are you really now awake?”

The bluenetteʼs eyes blurred until her vision cleared. Was she... alive?

“Good heavens, Livi! Call the doctor!”

She blankly stared at the frantic Nike who was panicking at her awakening. As soon as her mind begun functioning as well, she asked.

“Whereʼs... Karma?”

Nike fumed. “Damn this woman. You just woke up after running inside a collapsing bombed building! And now youʼre asking where the hell your boyfriend is?! Are you playing with me right now?!”

Livius held her tightly and gestured for his wife to calm down. “Nike, I know this is a lot to take in, but you need to get yourself together, alright?”

He looked at the bluenette who was fidgeting on her bed, and sighed exasperatedly. “Nai, you too. Weʼll take you to Karma later, okay? But for now, we need to have you checked.”

A long silence lingered a moment after that, but the tension seemed to have died down. The door opened, revealing the head doctor, followed by Liviusʼ co-members Itona, Ritsu, Ryunosuke, Hayami, Mikhail, and Rio, and the hospital nurses.

“Iʼll check on her immediately so I need everyone to avoid crowding around her and keep silent, alright?” Takebayashi Kotarou, the head doctor and their former classmate stated authoritatively.

A while after, Nike and Livius were asked to accompany the doctor to discuss with his findings. They tried not to show it, but every minute of silence was killing them.

“As of now, nothing seemed to be wrong with Nagisa-san aside from a few sprained joints and scratches. She also seemed to be suffering symptoms of mild PTSD, but a few therapies will do just fine.”

Nike sighed in relief. However, the uneasiness never died down as Livius asked another question.

“How is he? How is Karma doing?

“I think youʼll just have to see for yourself.”