II. The Change

"Help! Monster!" the woman screamed as she crawled away from her assailant, her last ounce of strength slowly fading away. If she only listened to her gut, that fooling that billionaire was not the best decision of her life, she wouldn't have to deal with her death so soon. Sadly, this wasn't the case.

"I'm sorry, but," the assassin swung her scythe without hesitation leaving her victim beheaded, a horrified expression painted on her face on the last seconds of her life. "Duty calls."

[Mission completed code:Azure. Please report back to the headquarters to claim your reward.]

Nagisa stood beside the lifeless body of her worn out prey, dull azure orbs gazed through her bloodstained masterpiece.

Delight. Wickedness. Unending bloodthirst.

These were three of the common feelings when predators have slayed their victims. These should have been what she felt during her slaughter of more than a thousand lives. Yet, she didn't feel anything. Nothing, nothing at all...

'This is not what I expected you to be. What have you become now, Nagisa?' the words her inner voice said tugged her heart. These were what Korosensei and Karma would probably say to her if they were here. But they weren't, and so that mere fact changed her whole viewpoint of life.

"Affirmative," she whispered lightly before picking up her scythe.

With that, she fled away from the crime scene without any witnesses to pass on yet another tale of sorrow caused by the assassin aliased 'Azure'.

-•-

Ministry of Defense ;
Tokyo, Japan ;

It was a normal day for both field and stationary agents. Too normal, even for the Meijin Family of the agency. Just then, the glass windows beside Hades, the main office of the ministry, broke in a blink of an eye. Along the broken pieces stood one girl, possessing long, blue wavy locks, deadly azure eyes, naturally red lips, and a pearly white complexion. code:Azure, Nagisa Shiota.

"Oh, back already, Nagisa-chan? Too soon, if I may say so myself."

Nagisa faced the beholder of the voice, her eyes lacking excitement from recognition.

"I didn't know the agency had lowered their standards, accepting the likes of you. Anyhow, fancy meeting you here, Akari. Although I did hope to never see you again."

Akari laughed, shaking her head as if she just heard something so ridiculous. "I see that you still haven't changed a bit since three years ago. You still haven't moved on."

"And I see that you still haven't gotten over the joy you gained over my loss. Don't worry, knowing that you're now somewhat an underrated actress, I'll reserve you a VIP seat by the time I've decided to get over you lot," the bluenette said, smirking as she caught sight of the brunette's clenched fists.

"There would be no need for that, Nagisa-san. Just your disappearance would be enough to satiate our thirst. After all, we do need to get our jobs back. The ones you stole."

Nagisa turned to the voice, her grin still intact. "Well look who we have here. It's Yuuma. Unfortunately, I'll have to correct your statement. You don't own anything around here. So you'll have to stick with seeing my face every so often and keep on regretting the fact that you messed with me. 'The Best Assassin', ikemen-kun, remember?"

Before the other agent could react, Karasuma Tadaomi came out of the Hades' entrance and gestured Nagisa to move closer."Shiota Nagisa-san, I believe your presence is immediately needed. Come."

The bluenette just shrugged as she walked, never failing to send a cold sinister smile on the Meijin.

-•-

"Karasuma-sensei, long time no see. Though I'm sure we aren't here for a reunion." the bluenette stated, the coldness didn't leave her tone.

"I see that your straightforwardness still hasn't changed, Nagisa."

The bluenette blinked. "Oh, didn't see you back there, Bitch-sensei."

"Is it because I blinded you with my beauty?" Irina Jelavic, her former teacher then posed seductively to which the ravenet ignored.

"Irina, be professional."

The blonde scoffed and mocked with sarcasm, "Alright, fine. Also, the payment for the windows you broke will be taken out from the brat's reward. Not that it's a big deal, ciao."

Karasuma rolled his eyes then focused on the agent.

"Anyhow, let us introduce you to your new mission," he said, pressing a certain button which then showed different slides of faces, buildings, and blueprints.

"Ichigo Ameno had always been one of the ministry's greatest threat. The second-in-line for the heirloom next to his older sister, Achiga Ameno. Now, the higher ups had recently found out that he owned a shop of illicit machines and one of the branch managers of nationwide illegal transactions of banned drugs around these countries; Washington DC - America, Philadelphia - America, Shanghai - China, Taipei - China, Rio de Janeiro - Brazil, Manila - Philippine Islands, Riyadh - Saudi Arabia, and lastly, Tokyo - Japan.

He, also tried several attempts to sabotage his sister's turnover ceremonies to prevent her from having all the rights in managing their companies. And, one of them happened in Tokyo. The..."

"The Ameno-Kaneki Bombing," the bluenette finished, clenching her fists that were placed on her lap.

"Nagisa," Irina muttered, holding back a look of pity.

Nagisa glared at them, now infuriated. She could not believe this betrayal. "You are seriously telling me this now?"

The couple sighed exasperatingly, "Truth to be told, we shouldn't be bothering you. But the ministry knew that you were familiar with the incident, so the council thought that this would be the perfect job for you."

"Still! You know how sensitive I am to this topic, Karasuma-sensei!"

"Please hear us out," Irina pleaded. "Ameno had already planned out his next moves. We know how much you're hurt just by hearing this, and believe us, it pains us to force you to do this. But the ministry doesn't want any more lives to be ruined. We don't want for him to cause any more deaths. This world, these positions, were Korosensei's legacy and we want to protect it as much as he did-"

"Don't."

"What?"

Nagisa closed her eyes, looking down with an unpaintable expression. "Don't drag Korosensei's name into this mess. He doesn't have anything to do with this anymore."

"Where have you gone to, Nagisa?"

The young lady stood up, turning her back on the two seniors.

"I'm sorry, Bitch-sensei, Karasuma-sensei. The old me is not here anymore. That incident changed me, as much as I hate to admit it. Apologies, but I can't bear myself accepting this request immediately. You have other agents on your side. I hope you could understand that."

The two looked down with her words. "Understood. Sorry to waste your time, Nagisa."

They watched her disappear from their sight with no uttered words.

'Akabane Karma, if this reached you wherever you are, please come back before it's too late...'

【 edited.