XII. Salutation

"Well hello there," a devious smirk made its way past her lips as she picked up the slightly broken phone, answering the incoming call. "Traitors."

The other line kept silent. However, the ragged breathing and murmured curses from the other side were enough evidences that the callers were now threatened.

"No answer, huh?"

A loud scream triggered the party to stop. She scanned the area and later saw figures of people in rogue clothing holding the guests as hostage, walking slowly to surround both Nagisa and Gakushuu.

Leading them was Kataoka Megu, or Envy on her masked form. She pulled out twin pistols, fully loaded as she faced them with an uneasy look within her eyes.

"Gomenasai, but you both need to die."

「 Bang. 」

-•-

Gone were the peaceful ambiance that once settled in the Grand Hall. Bloodshed pooled as fresh corpses surrounded the once barren floors of the venue. The clashing of weapons both modified and old class lingered, a cry indicating war echoed around each walls.

Nagisa sighed, letting out a monotone chuckle as her hands made its way to slitting her opponent's throat. "It's been a while since I last got my hands dirty."

She smiled wickedly, though not a wave of refreshment flowed. Not even a hint of regret. This was the real her. The true face behind Azure's upfront facade. The only wall that they cannot break.

"Die."

As the enemy's consciousness faded, she closed his fear stricken eyes, then fled to find another victim.

'Now, who's next?'

"Mo...Monster!" Due to instinct, her newly found victim pulled the trigger of his gun as she approached tauntingly.

Nagisa, as she was born with natural talent, saw thoroughly through the path the bullets took, gracefully avoiding them just like she was dancing. To which widened his eyes. She swung her sickle at his legs, preventing him from balancing himself.

"Monster, you say?" Nagisa's grin grew wider, kicking him in the face which sent him flying backwards.

"Argh!" His piercing scream was stopped, with a final blow at his forehead.

"I am worse than any monster."

"Bitch."

'Not too shabby for his final words. What a waste though, he would be fit for Livi's collection,' she thought.

After sensing no current danger, she walked towards the place where she and Gakushuu agreed to meet by the time they had to part ways. Now that the rats had finally come out, she knew they will be after the both of them. She had already called for back-up but she doubt they would arrive soon.

"Oh well," she shrugged her shoulders as she made her way. "That means more throats to slit for the time being."