VI. The Root of Betrayal

F L A S H B A C K

3 years ago;
Ministry of Defense;
Main Hall;

“Sh•t, CELLO! Get the disinfectant solution for hydrofluoric acid quick!”

“Medical Department, please dispatch five mobile stretchers to the underground entrance and vacate five wards as soon as possible. Again, Medical Department, please dispatch five mobile stretchers to the underground entrance and vacate five wards as soon as possible.”

Codes VIYEL and VIOLA assist the 8th Squad on the ambush at Kiyoko Street!”

“Halt,” the two security guards said in unison to which the 23 year-old Shiota Nagisa sent a blank look. “Only authorized personnel can enter Hades. Please refrain from stepping further.”

“You must be mistaken. I was told to send my application personally in this office. I have a scheduled appointment with Karasuma Tadaomi-sensei,” the bluenette stated in disbelief. She could not believe Karasuma-sensei’s secretary forgot to notify her teacher about her arrival. For all she know, she could wait in this building all day and not see a glimpse of his shadow. How incompetent.

“This is for precautions, Miss. We cannot let you in without Karasuma-dono’s approval—”

“But you can with my approval, right boys?” A golden blonde woman in her thirties said with slight seduction in her voice to which Nagisa rolled her eyes.

Knowing that aside from being the Chief of Staff’s wife and right hand, Jelavic Irina is also one of the notorious assassins of all time, the guards tensed at stood upright.

“Y-Yes ma'am!” the guards blushed and stuttered when Irina sent a flirtatious wink which made the bluenette grimace. Well what do you know, old habits do die hard.

As they entered Hades, the blonde suddenly attacked Nagisa with a swiss knife which should have scraped her cheek if not for her fast reflexes.

“So, is this an initiation rite or something?” Nagisa asked as she dodged.

“Nah, I just want to see if the Assassination Classroom’s number one assassin’s skills haven’t rusted away,” Irina simpered and smirked, throwing the knife and taking out her pistol.

The former flipped in the air, avoiding the bullets while thinking in awe as to how the whole office was bulletproof. “I practice-teached failure classes, Bitch-sensei. Of course my skills should be updated as well. You, on the other hand,”

Nagisa grinned deviously as she threw her hidden butterfly knife, averting her former teacher’s attention as she used the stun clapper which rendered Irina’s defeat. “Are getting old.”

Suddenly, they heard slow claps from the door behind them.

“I have no regrets getting in touch with E-Class, especially with you, Shiota Nagisa-san.” Karasuma said, helping the both of them up. “Also, you’re in.”