V. Her Smile

The bluenette placed her slender legs lazily on top of the table's surface, flashing a menacing grin directed to her target.

"How dare you keep me hostage! Don't you know who you're dealing with?! I am Kishino Spade! I am a respected politician! I send money in your pockets! Let me go you ungrateful imbecile!"

"And if I don't?"

Veins ascended as his irked expression flamed up his rage, hearing his abductor's mocking tone. Nagisa, on the other hand, placed her palm under her chin as she stared at him boredly. She could've killed him easily in a snap of her fingers. The problem is, this wasn't her load. She just tagged along.

"Isn't it a bit too ironic?" Her smirk widened and entertained herself more, "A respected politician was captured by a government assassin or 'lowlife', as you call it, such as myself? You must have pocketed so much money for you to have such a bounty on your head. How shameful!"

"You bitch! How dare you mock me! I'll sue you and your fucking agency!"

"Did you actually think you could scare me off with that? Oh come on, you should do better." She stood up, hearing familiar footsteps to which the terrified man was not aware of.

"To tell you frankly,"

Kishino stiffed at the leaking bloodlust. Surely he didn't know who he had messed with.

"I could just easily dispatch you out of your flesh..."

The footsteps echoed louder as the man's heartbeat fastened at an inhuman rate, his system tensed as his muscles strained.

"Sad to say, it is not my radius."

She dazed at his eyes full of fear, "At the very least, Livi would make a very good use for you, for touching what is his."

She grabbed her scythe, sensing a familiar murderous aura lingering around the walls as the door creaked open, grinning deviously while bidding the target best of luck.

"You need it, trust me. It's Livius Ifrikia we're talking about. If anything, he's the imbecile here."

-•-

"You're disgustingly brutal," the bluenette stated nonchalantly, running a piece of damp cloth on the guy's upper limb, washing away strains of filthy blood. "Apologies for saying this. But you know, not really."

The latter laughed heartily, like he never laughed for a long period of time as he laid down on the cushions of a maroon-colored sofa, his head resting on Nagisa's lap. "Says the one who had barely ever failed a mission. I'm the Sun Kingdom's ruler, I had to be brutal." His face then turned grim, his vision darkened as the events that happened hours ago came back to his mind. "But as a husband, I ought to be ruthless. He touched my wife. My Nike. And it is a sin I cannot overlook. Kishino Spade was lucky enough to die with only his guts ripped out. If not for that detective's interference, he would be tossed alive in our mansion's incinerator."

"Sometimes I wonder what Nike sees in you that made you worth falling for," Nagisa replied with a deadpanned tone.

Livius pouted at the retort. "Rude! Remember, you fell for Akabane."

That was supposed to be a witty comeback. Though, Livius immediately regretted his action after he saw the assassin's sorrowful expression once she heard her late fiancé's surname.

"N-Nai, I'm so-"

"Don't apologize." The Sun King was taken aback when the bluenette flashed a sad smile, looking at afar, avoiding eye contact with him. "I love Karma, and like how Nike is with you, I don't regret falling for him over and over again. It's just that I miss him so much. And that no matter how I sincerely wish, he won't ever come back."

Livius reached out his hand to her porcelain face and wiped the stray tear that fell from her azure eyes. "No, no. Do not cry in front of me again. Akabane would kill me for sure."

Nagisa laughed at the impossibility, but she cannot disregard the fire brightly burning in his dark colored eyes.

"I just want to see Karma again, Livi."

"And I'm sure he, of all people, would love to see you again, Nai."

This time, the bluenette beamed genuinely at his reply to which Livius returned with a light squeeze of her hand.

After Sheila died, Nike and Nagisa were his salvation. Nike is his happiness, and Nagisa was like a sister he never had. Now, it's his sister figure's turn to attain her once stolen happiness.

'You heard that Akabane? Don't make her wait anymore, you bastard.'

"So now, please keep smiling truly."

【 edited. 】