I. Faded

Without much ado, her lips heaved a heavy sigh, slowly closing her eyes, shutting her senses from the world. Just like how the world shut her when she needed it the most. Though she knew this relief was only just one of the tiniest pieces of what she wanted, for her, this was enough.

There she sat. On what was once considered an isle of misfits. On a place that once bore witness countless of attempted self-harm. On the same place where they started. Though odd, this was where she felt peace. But even that was fading away as years passed by. Little by little, the strong bond that the Assassination Classroom had formed, was slowly falling apart.

But who was she to complain? She was just a mere student. Driven by pure blood lust, she became an assassin. She couldn't do anything. Not alone, at least.

Her train of thoughts were interrupted as she felt her phone vibrate from her pocket.

"Speak, or die?"

[Woah, calm down Shiota. It's me, Gakushu.]

"Oh," she replied blankly.

[A woman of few words, eh? I see. Oh, if you're interested, I would like to invite you to Kunugigaoka's Batch Reunion this coming Saturday. That includes your class by the way.]

"I'll see if I could fit you right in my schedule."

[Oh, I know so. Anyhow, I'll be expecting you.]

"Yeah."

She shut her phone down and sighed deeply once again. She doesn't know why after all these years, she still kept returning back to their old campus. Was it because she feels that the memory of Korosensei still lived whenever she comes? Was it because the memories were so dear to her? Or was it because it was where she and Karma rekindled their relationship?

"Karma," she whispered to the wind longingly. One thing about silence is that it reminded her how they used to keep each other company, making the loneliness subside, but it also ignited her hatred, because they caused this silence. They tore them apart. Them, the Meijin Family.

As she clenched her fists at the thought, her phone vibrated once again.

[code:azure, a mission has been sent from the Ministry's headquarters. Data has been attached to the file. Will you concede?]

'Forgive me, Korosensei. It doesn't matter anymore if this temporary euphoria fades away. I swear one day, they will all regret fooling me.'

"I accept this mission."

【 edited. 】