XIII. Engulfed In Flames

KARMA

“Karma.”

I watched intently, feeling the familiarity of her presence, a surge of longing flowed through me as I held her waist tightly, afraid to let her go again. This was it. The freedom to which I have kept on searching. All along, it was Nagisa, the only one who can provide me that compensation.

With her blue eyes in sight, I smiled genuinely, “Did you miss me, Nagi?” I pulled her closer, her head resting on my chest as I played with her azure hair, kissing it gently. Therefore, I admit, I truly missed this. “Because I do. So damn much.”

Though, I do believe that all things come to an end. Because I’m afraid, I’ll be doing another mistake once again. I stared, watching her beam at me with a very familiar smile, before fluttering her eyes to a close due to exhaustion.

“I’m glad, but I’ll be punching you after this. So you better make sure you’ll win this.

But it would be worth it.

My fist clenched tightly as my blood boiled, glaring at that damn bastard which Nagisa once considered as a family. A part of me wants to wake Nagisa up, but I don’t want to. I can’t bear her knowing what a monster I have become. I want her to wake up with me being the first person she could see. The Karma which she had always known. I want to keep it that way.

“Sun, Rain, please get her away from here.”

Curiosity filled the couple’s eyes. But Livius knows me more. So he dragged her wife away along with him carrying Nagisa with his shoulders, mouthing words which asked for assurance, ‘Please, come back to her.’

I nodded as a gesture. Someday, I’ll find a way to repay their kindness.

As the sight of them slowly drifted away, I felt my demeanor change inconstantly. A dark aura emitted from my atmosphere, indicating my rage towards the enemies.

Ah, glad to finally say that the final battle’s here. How are you even f•cking alive?

It is none of your business,” I replied nonchalantly, shrugging my shoulders, provoking them even more.

Tomohito entered the scene with gritted teeth, taking an offensive stance, aiming his dagger at my vital points. “You! How could you be alive!? You were supposed to be dead years ago!”

I gave him a deadpanned look, snapping my fingers as my fellow agents, Beta (Mikhail), Lust (Ritsu), and Sloth (Itona) approached my side.

“You got it all wrong, Sugino. I am the epitome of Death. I don’t die.