Chapter 40: Today is The Day

Baekhyun's POV

Today is the day that I am going to propose to my beautiful beloved girlfriend and I bet you know who she is.

For the past few days it's really hard to prepare everything because Taeyeon never keeps her eye away from me so I have no choice, I let my friends to do everything. They're the one who chose the perfect place to propose. They're the one who set up the lights and the flowers. And they also prepared a song to make it more romantic.

Right now I am here with my girlfriend. She's busy playing solitaire by herself while me, I'm just here sitting at the corner while reading Harry Potter.

While I was reading I can't stop staring at my future my wife. I really can't imagine my life without her because without her I am nothing. You know like in the song... Without love, life is like a season with no summer.

"Baek" and the way she called my name is just so special.

"Yeah?" I replied.

"I have to go. Jessica needs me but I still have eyes on you" she glared at me.

I chuckled nodding my head "okay ma'am"

"Thanks sweetie. Bye!"

And then she walked out. I immediately grabbed my phone and texted my friends if everything's alright but no, Suho hyung said that he's still fixing the problem. Okay where should I start... Kai and Chen thought the plant was a bush but it ended up to be a poison ivy. Chanyeol and Lay wrote a song about break up not a song about love. Meanwhile I told Sehun to buy some wine for our dinner but he bought bubble tea instead. Luhan and Xiumin hyung are still busy so they have no time to help. Kyungsoo and Tao were still looking for some flowers because they said the flower should me pretty like my future wife. Thankfully Kris and Suho hyung are there to help them. I really need this day to perfect.

Taeyeon's POV

Jessica called me a while ago and she said that it is an emergency so I have to be there ASAP.

"Jes I'm here" I said looking around for her.

"I'm here Tae"

I turned around and saw her but something's wrong. She has a luggage with her and her eyes were red. Is she crying?

"Jess what is this?" I asked her nervously.

She sighed and sat on her chair "Remember  Beatrice?"

"That btch?" I frowned.

"Exactly... Well I confronted her yesterday so I kinda beat her up and the principal finds out about it..." She paused for a while "I got expelled... We got expelled."

I froze when she said that and a tear immediately escaped from my eye "You're leaving?"

Jessica wiped her tears away "My mom said that I'm going back to California for a while"

I shook my head furiously and hugged her "Jess please tell me you're joking! You can't leave! I'll talk to Mr-"

"Tae it's okay" she chuckled "It's not like we're not going to see each other."

"But I don't want you to leave" I cried on her shoulder.

Jessica gave me a warm smile "Today is my flight Tae, I'm leaving today. I just came back here to say goodbye and thanks for everything"

"What about the girls?"

"I already said my farewell to them and of course I promise I'll come back."

I nod my head wiping my tears "Gonna miss you"

"Me too... And by the way tell Jin that let Jungkook to be the next president" she laughed.

"You're not kidding me right?"

She shook her head "Nope, that kid is great. I taught him everything I know" she chuckled.

"And also give this letter to Kris and please don't forget to tell him that I love him so much and I'm gonna miss him"

She sighed and stood "Well it's time for me to go. My sister's waiting for me."

"Goodbye" she said hugging me tightly.

I hugged her back as tears streamed down on my face again. One of my best friend is leaving and it is like you're loosing one of the most important person in your life and it felt like thousands of  bullets shoot my heart.

"Bye Jessica"

Baekhyun's POV

Flowers check. Lights check. Music check. Dinner check. Okay what else... Engagement ring. Double check. Everything's perfect now!

"Baek!!! Okay I just called Tiffany and she said that Seohyun just texted her an information from Sunny which Sooyoung and Hyoyeon told her that Yuri and Yoona said that Taeyeon is coming!" Suho hyung said in one breath.

"Okay places everybody!" Kris exclaimed and they all went to their places.

I stood up under the tree which is filled with lights and small lanterns. The guys started to sing "Don't Go" as they saw Taeyeon walking towards me.

Her eyes got widened as she saw me and everything around her. Red petals all over the floor, lanterns surrounding the area, don't forget all of the stars above us, and of course me. She looked at me and a tear fell off her cheeks. She took a step closer, still got that surprise expression on her face.

I turned my head and saw her friends squealing at the back. Tiffany is already crying and the rest has already their phones on.

"Baek what is this?" Taeyeon asked curiously.

She froze when I started kneeling down and took out the small red box in my pocket.

"Tae, remember that day when I accidentally bumped you at the hallway, that day when we first met each other. I still remember that we really hated each other back then. I became your tutor then you made as your fake boyfriend. At first I didn't like it until I realized that I slowly falling in love with you. The day when you said you loved me too, I couldn't be happier. We may have our ups and downs. Fate separated us apart and I wasn't really myself when you're not there beside me. I love you Tae, with all of my heart and I want to spent my whole life with you. I can't live without you . So Kim Taeyeon will you make me the happiest man alive and marry me?"

"B-Baek...." she spoke as more tears streamed down on her face. "I-I..."

"I can't"

And that hit my heart like a brick.

"You can't!?" her friends exclaimed in unison.

"You can't!?!?!!!" same goes as my friends.

I stood up and looked at her "You c-can't"

"I'm sorry" that was last thing she said before running away.

Tiffany stepped forward and sighed "Don't worry Baek... I think she's still affected that Jessica left"

"Wait Jessica left?"

We all looked at Kris hyung and his eyes are slowly getting teary.

"Kris let me explain-"

Kris hyung cut Tiffany off by walking away.

Well this day didn't turn out so well as I expected it will be.

❤❤❤❤❤

Okay should I call this good or bad chapter?